Thread: Flooding of 25 state's. and price's going up

Default Flooding of 25 state's. and price's going up

might want to step up on stocking up on foods..

As Many As A Million Calves Lost In Nebraska” – Beef Prices In The U.S. To Escalate Dramatically In The Coming Months

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/....-coming-months
    Preparation through education is less costly than learning through tragedy.

If you read the beef industry trades instead of the apocolypse blogs, there doesn't seem to be a lot of panic there.
    Choose your sources wisely.
    https://www.thebeefread.com/
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

If the U.S. were the only place we acquired beef that might be the case but.... All futures remain either unchanged or have actually gone down a little as in the case of oats, soybean and spring wheat. You might want to look at what's trading.

To economists, the real world is a special case.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Beef has been running way high for a while now.
    You all need to stop BBQ-ing beef brisket. How can I BBQ a beef brisket when the price went from 11.99 for a full-cut to 18.99 for just a point? I haven't been able to buy one for more than a year now. It's actually cheaper to buy a prime rib roast!
    Just finished up last fall's bulk-buy of bone-in beef from the farm other side of the hill.
    They don't sell brisket there in the bulk boxes.
    Last edited by LowKey; 03-29-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by jimLE View Post
    might want to step up on stocking up on foods..

As Many As A Million Calves Lost In Nebraska” – Beef Prices In The U.S. To Escalate Dramatically In The Coming Months
    All futures remain either unchanged or have actually gone down a little as in the case of oats, soybean and spring wheat. You might want to look at what's trading.

Must have been a slow day in Algeria.

i'm getting a 1/4 beef next week
    as for prices rising just wait a bit. oh my
    Last edited by hayshaker; 09-15-2019 at 08:54 PM.
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

They usually do. That's how it works.

beef prices it,s easy it's a conspiracy doncha know. joking aside
    come spring they may price hamburger like kobe beef in japan.
    this pass spring millions of cattle were lost due to weather.
    heck I can remember when pot roasts were twice as thick and larger
    for a quarter the price. my have times changed

43 years ago when I wanted to be a cattleman, cow calf pairs could be had for $350. Now they're over $2000. I soon found that raising cattle was a losing deal. I could make more money with way less work and no risk leasing pasture to someone who wanted to be in the cattle business. Now days it's almost as if a lessee wants you to be in business with them. They want the fences up, the water running and improved pasture. Then they want a forever lease. I've found that a wildlife exemption gives me the same break on taxes as and ag exemption. So now we raise wildlife. For a period of time I leased for hunting. It was good money but I'd rather babysit cows than babysit hunters. There is no drama like hunting camp drama.

So now we just enjoy our property, cow free.

I haven't bought any beef for some time now. #1 wife gets some hamburger once in a while, but I actually like the ground turkey better. Once or twice a year I'll smoke a brisket (full sized). They run $40 - $50. I only do them for family occasions. I haven't had a steak in a long time. I'm just not going to pay the price for a good steak and I'm not going to eat a tough one.

Alan

oh that 1/4 of beef came it was 497'00, ouch