Thread: Guns, you parted with

Default Guns, you parted with

anyone had guns they parted with and wish now they had kept them,, yrs ago I had some that probably cost me maybe ten bucks a piece at the time. a British 303, German 8mm, Jap7-- all I ever knew it by.. A Japanese 31 caliber, they could shoot our ammo, but we couldn't shoot theirs. a 30-06 Remington. Salvage 243 and probably dozens of 22s. I tended bar once, some days it was watches and spare tires, other days it was guns and knives.

Back in the late 80's my fiance had an Ithica Deer Slayer 20 gauge that he and a buddy of his would trade back and forth for whatever money they had in their pocket at the time, once his buddy had it and he needed money to buy weed, he called Steve up and asked if he wanted to buy the gun, Steve told him hold on, while he counted out the change he had in a jar, he called the guy back and said "I have ten bucks in change" and the guy is like "well meet me in the school parking lot". I wish I could find that gun, I'd buy it just because he owned it a few times.
    I wonder if I could buy it for ten bucks in change today..
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Woodsman

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Back in the late 80's my fiance had an Ithica Deer Slayer 20 gauge that he and a buddy of his would trade back and forth for whatever money they had in their pocket at the time, once his buddy had it and he needed money to buy weed, he called Steve up and asked if he wanted to buy the gun, Steve told him hold on, while he counted out the change he had in a jar, he called the guy back and said "I have ten bucks in change" and the guy is like "well meet me in the school parking lot". I wish I could find that gun, I'd buy it just because he owned it a few times.
    I wonder if I could buy it for ten bucks in change today..
    Lmfao the fact that they met in a SCHOOL parking lot to trade a GUN for cash intended for WEED is hilarious. Now a days you will have DEA and ATF will be on your *** just for planning that. Anyway I miss a few guns, I bought a moisn nagant about 6 years ago for 100 bucks and then sold it for 60, I didn't care for it because it wasn't in great condition (not refurbished). Turns out it was an original with authentic stamps. Now it is worth a ton compared to what I payed for it. I also miss my gp100 and Redhawk. I still have the custom grip that reminds me I'm am idiot. If I had all the guns I regret selling or trading I would have too many guns. Lol I know there is no such thing as to many guns. Someone just needs to tell my wife that.

In the early 70's, I had a 6 3/4" barreled Browning Nomad .22lr autopistol, with which I could reliably hit pennies at 25 yds, from a braced firing position. There was something about that AK-like "rolloff" trigger pull that really made me focus on followthru, and it had thumbrest grips that positioned my hand perfectly. I later set up a bull-barreled Ruger .22lr, autopistol, cut the barrel to 4.5", and did a high-standand sort of countersunk muzzle-crown, making it the same OAL as a 1911, stippled the frame, installed a steel trigger with a setscrew. It would deliver the same sort of accuracy, but I didnt regret selling it as much as I did the Browning.