Thread: Who else can't wait until spring?

Woodsman

Default Who else can't wait until spring?

Dont get me wrong, I love winter. I love every season, they are apart of the the way we live when in the wilderness. But if you live in the northern United States (or anywhere with more than mild winters) there is not to much foraging that can be done witch is why I can not wait for spring to break through the ice and watch all of the food and medicine pop up from the earth for everyone to use. Unlike the last month when I stayed 36 hours in the woods with no food and and stumbled across a patch of wintergreen, as I brushed snow from the leaves of noticed quite a few teaberries still stuck on the plants. I almost cried thinking they held on all this time just for me. I may seem like I was over exaggerating but when you expect to survive off small game and don't see any sign of life except a doe (off limits) and some coyote tracks, those berries were the holy grail to me. Eating a handful of teaberries and making some wintergreen white pine tea I was exactly what I needed for my 5 mile hike back to the car. Looking back on that situation I can't stop thinking of the almost endless wild salads I can make during a season where I can only get one turkey and small game (not including rabbits and squirrels) I just can't wait. How about you guys?
    Last edited by Chī; 03-06-2019 at 08:48 AM.

I can't wait until spring! Not only because of the weather and many trips I planned, but also because of my garden. I love growing plants and I have so many things in my mind how it should look like this year! What I have to do now is to buy some seeds and use what is left from the last year! Do you like gardening?

Woodsman

I can't wait because of plants in general, weather they be wild or propagated. I bought a huge greenhouse recently but have to invest more into it so it doesn't blow away on me. I have a massive collection of seeds that get bigger every month including cannabis witch is in a souvenir package (not illegal unless planted) and poppy seeds (also not intended to grow). Unless of course there is no government to enforce it. Don't use either substance, but keep with medicinal seed collection just in case. Will probably need them if the government and big pharma disappears. Don't consider myself a prepper but I am prepared. About 50 medicinal plant seeds and we'll over 100 edible seed varieties. That along with my knowledge of local plants I'm set.
    Last edited by Chī; 03-19-2019 at 09:29 PM.