Thread: Impromptu fishing

Default Impromptu fishing

#1 son called me about noon and wanted to take his boat out to the lake. Of course I dropped yard work like a hot rock and headed to his house with pole, line and cast net. We ended up with 14 Tilapia, 3 white bass, 3 channel cats, and one big flathead catfish.

Why is this in the knife section?

Well, you see I got this new filet knife for Christmas, and #s 1, 2, and 3 sons got one also.

I kept four of the tilapia and #1 son kept the rest. We broke those knives in. I'll admit the first one I cleaned felt a bit awkward but by #3 it had found my hand. I just have to choke up on the blade a bit to get the control I want. I went back over to his house to dump the heads and he was cleaning like a pro!

Thanks to Mr. Crashdrive for making these knives for me.

Alan

I'll post a picture as soon as I can free up some picture space.

I know that you posted a question about cleaning out some of your pictures because you have reached your limit (Rick will have to help you there). Using a photo hosting site seems to work well. I use IMGUR and it's free. Here are some pics of your knives. Glad they are working for you.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's the ones! #1 son already remarked how much he liked the point (or no point rather). It's much easier to work with. My buddy up the country was very pleased (and surprised) with his. #2 son (southpaw) has never had a knife sheath for the side of his body that does his work. He likes the knife but I think that was a little extra for him. #3 son is itching to try his out. Maybe he and I can get out to the lake between rains this weekend. I've been trying to get used to carrying the neck knife, but I've carried a folder for so long, it's taking some getting used to. It is handy though to already have the blade ready when it is pulled, but I keep poking holes in my shirt tails when I'm putting it back in the sheath.

They are also very sharp, and stay that way. Tilapia are not exactly delicate fish, the have some good thick scales compared to panfish, bass, trout, etc... But filleting those four fish yesterday did not diminish the edge on bit. I can still cut myself very well with it!

Alan