Thread: Still here

Default Still here

Actually, I'm through here just about every day. I just hsven't been very talkative.

I did a stress test Tuesday (e.g., I did a 3 mile hike with a 1400' elevation gain and I didn't have a heart attack.) and I've been recovering from that.

Here are a few photos...

IMG_20181218_114422.jpg

IMG_20181218_122046.jpg

IMG_20181218_135245.jpg

I can't say I understand the cylinder head on top of Lookout Mountain but there it is.

The Hike was from the terminus of the W Line in Golden, Colorado to the top of Lookout Mountain on the Chimney Gulch Trail.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Glad to see you're still alive and kicking!

Great pics. Sounds like a good hike. Glad you are still with us.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Glad to hear from you. I think that cylinder head is going to need a valve job and new seals. Great pics.

I was wondering if it was Buffalo Bill's cylinder head. He's buried up there, y'know.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I thought his head was more egg shaped.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Whatever the case, it just shows that if you're going to carrying something into the wilds you should pack it out with you. I hate folks that leave trash behind. Tin cans, bottles, cylinder heads. You know who you are.

There is one place where I purposely leave things behind. There is a nice trail on a park that leads to the river. At the river's edge there is a picnic table. I often hike there and sit for a little lunch or snack and enjoy the view. There is a sign near the table that reads "Please do not pick up Indian artifacts". I sometimes bring my little flint knapping kit and work there. When done, I toss the points I made around. I'm still waiting to see some of my work show up on the local artifact museum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Heh. Gives 'em a thrill. It would be rude not to.

Does that make you....wait for it.....Sitting Bull? Thank you, thank you. No, please. Keep your money. Your applause is sufficient.