Thread: The lengths you have to go to here. Canoe accident.

Default The lengths you have to go to here. Canoe accident.

Bona fide hypothermia to have a "canoe accident."
    Wonder if they ever found the shotgun?

http://salem.wickedlocal.com/news/20...man-from-river
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Wait till he gets the bill for all this... He's going to go into hyposumthinerother.

Alan

I hope they track down the log and arrest it for interfering with the firefighters. Maybe the fire department could invest in something other than a canoe for river rescues. Just a thought.

Alternate headline:

"Keystone Cops Rescue Dumb-Axx"
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

That close to Lawrence, it was probably a body.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

I never would have thought the State police divers would go looking for a shotgun.

Alan

Tool & Die Maker

My duck hunting buddy and I found a guy floating in the Mississippi River one morning before daylight. This guy had a 12 or 14 foot boat setup with a mud motor where the boat driver stands up in the boat to drive it. He hit something in the water and the boat flipped over. He lost a Beretta shotgun and all his gear and he was alone. This was a Thursday morning in early November. Fortunately the water wasn't that cold. The challenge was getting the guy into our boat. I told the guy to grab our boat and show us a knee or foot and told my buddy to grab his leg and roll him into the boat while I moved to the opposite side of our jon boat to maintain balance. Well, it worked, he rolled into the boat like a sack of potatoes.

Days later This guy hired divers to recover his shot gun but never found it. He spent days magnet fishing but never found the beretta shotgun. Personally I never took anything duck hunting I was not prepared to loose. We never called the fire department, the guy didn't want them called. I contacted the Illinois DNR to inform them of the hazards of a mud motor. They hounded me for days demanding a boat accident report. I finally told them it did not qualify as an accident because they were no property damages and no injuries. The guy went for a swim in November. They finally got over it.

My buddy and myself recovered his boat. By that time we had some help. Met the guy a year later at the campground where we reminisced that morning around a blazing camp fire and a few beers. The guy told everyone we saved his life. While in the water he figured he would never see another Thanksgiving, but he did.
    Last edited by jim Glass; 12-21-2018 at 07:15 AM.