Thread: Where is Kyratshooter!

Default Where is Kyratshooter!

He hasn't posted since 12/1 but it looks like he was logged on Thursday. This is just not right. Come out come out wherever you are!

Isn't it deer season?
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I am still here.

Weather has been good for the past few days so I have been plotting against the city dwellers.

Warm enough to get out into the shop and put some things together.

Next week I get to watch a stump burn.

Deer season does not really count for me since that is done off the back porch and requires no preparation and is now barely a diversion.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 12-15-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Stump burning.

When I was at Louisiana Tech, one of our campsites back in the woods had a fire stump. It was either cedar or pine (wish I'd paid more attention) and sap oozed out of it continuously. We'd light it and leave it burning the whole time we were there. The fire never consumed the stump. It just burned the sap. The stump had a natural hollow on top and was a little over a foot and a half in diameter. We'd cook in a pan or heat coffee on it but cooking directly with the fire made meat taste like the sap (or what the sap might have tasted like, I never tasted it).

I hadn't thought about that in years until I read your "...watch a stump burn" comment.

It was probably about as safe a fire as we could have had then. Piney woods don't take much encouragement to make more fire than a fellow really needs.

Alan

Glad to know all is well in Kaintuck. There was some suggestion that a low pressure had settled over Nashville. I figured it was the country music. As good a reason as any to settle there I suppose.

I kept expecting to see a news headline," Local man injured in air gun mishap.''
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.