Thread: Nell, From your friends at WSF

Default Nell, From your friends at WSF

Nell, words always seem inadequate when we lose a loved one. Please know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of so many. There is a little gift card on the way to hopefully make picking up a few things from the store easier.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Thank you so much, this past month has been very hard, this week a nightmare beyond imagining. Life will never be the same and my faith in "family" has been shaken to the core, I can not eat, barely sleep and afraid to leave that they may come back to take more things. Which they took over a week before he passed and was still doing well except taking longer than some to come off the vent. It is sickening to think a man who worked so hard for his family when they were younger and they care so little about him and what he wanted.
    He started a will two years ago and set it aside when thinking about his own mortality was depressing him, I just never encouraged him to finish it.
    Again, that you all so much.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Smoke sent, Nell! I'm sorry for your loss.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Nell. May you find peace and solace in this time of sadness.

A horrible ordeal made worse when heirs tear at the very fabric of "family". An unfortunate example of why all of us should complete and and maintain a will, living will, durable power of attorney, medical power of attorney and organ donor form if that is something you wish to do.

I was his medical power of attorney, his son power of attorney to pay bills while he was hospitalized. The sticking point became that I was his medical POA, his kids HATED that, but I have been this since 2011 when I had my neck surgery and made him mine, I became his, and he reaffirmed that in 2016 during a hospital stay in which we had left home without his paperwork. The hospital provided the paperwork to allow him to make that designation again. His theory was if his kids wanted to know how he was doing, they would have come over or called at anytime prior to him being in the hospital.
    He started a will after that hospital stay but having just gotten out of the hospital and having a defibrillator implanted, h became depressed while thinking about his own mortality, and sat the will aside until a later date. But he never picked it back up. SO if you are thinking about the will or any of the other above listed items and who you want to inherit your things, please do that asap.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

This is why Mrs Crash and I have living wills and a trust set up - so that nobody has to go through this or can change our wishes.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

A prayer sent for you Nell.

I found out that even with HIPAA laws in place, and clear instructions set up by him upon admit to Jewish Hospital regarding his private medical information, the hospital was blatantly disregarding his direction regarding his information. Complicated by the fact that his DIL had gone to school with one of the Fellows who traded phone numbers, in his room and they continued to discuss his information despite my demanding they stop citing his wished and my MPOA status. Too much bad went wrong with his stay after his surgery. It was like nothing he told them meant a darn thing, and screw the laws in place that should have prevented this in the first place,

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

I am so sorry Nell.
    Please accept my deepest condolences and a prayer that in time, your pain will be replaced with all the good memories you shared together. That your faith in people and family will be restored in a new and unexpected way. Our departed loved ones (and us when we depart) will want their legacy to be one of happiness and joy.

God bless you and give you strength as you find your way back to light.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Sorry I have been absent so just learning of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!