Thread: Ice Storms

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Ice Storms

How is everyone holding out during this round of winter storms?

Here we have had 1/4" of ice on the trees and wires, snow through the day.

Power has been out off and on all day.

Two Coleman lanterns will heat the living room better than my normal heaters! Power was out for two hours and the temp went up to 76!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I love a good ice storm. It's the only time folks don't expect me to be on call. Any other time, 24/7.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I'm in S. Illinois and we had 5 inches of snow. Indy was under an ice warning but lucked out. So far so good.

40 miles to the north they got snow. For us, it just poured rain and got windy.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

We got 5.5 inches of rain overnight Wednesday into Thursday. Having our first real cool down of the year (loving it). Sat by the fire pit last night. Still wearing shorts and flip flops, but cool enough to enjoy the fire.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

10" snow overnight. Raining now. Luckily temp is just above freezing so not sticking to the trees, which still have a lot of leaves on them. Would be a real mess if temp drops a couple degrees. Roads only half plowed.
    Working from home today. Fire going, coffee brewing, only contemplating going out to clear the driveway. Might wait til noon when it's all supposed to stop.

One good thing about this much snow this early, covers up all the leaves I didn't get raked.
    Last edited by LowKey; 11-16-2018 at 08:02 AM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Good to hear that you're warmer, kyrat.

Nothing here in North Central Arkansas. South of us they had ice on I-40, and I guess it caused a lot of problems. I don't think there was that much, but it only takes a couple of dumb-axxes to cause a problem.

"They" say that this is gonna be a harsher winter, but they've said that before, and it was nothing. I'd like some snow. I'd really like to sit on the porch, look at the white landscape, watch the snow float down, and listen to the silence.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

I actually have been very pleased with the snow this year, The last couple of winters have been weak and short lived. It’s nice to see some more normal conditions for a change up here in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another day in Florida.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Another day in Florida.

The melt has begun but we’ll prolly have the white stuff for while still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk