Thread: Someone call 911!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Someone call 911!

Quick someone call 911 I broke my recliner!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Ok! Stay calm, don't try to move. Go online, oh, you are online, go to Lazyboy.com and order a new one, have it delivered, and tell them to pick up a pizza and a 6 pack on the way there. It'll be ok, just don't do anything drastic like exercise or anything.

Alan

Mine is on it's last legs. It looks likes a bobcat went at it. There are suspicious stains on it. It wakes the dead getting out of it. But dang! those things are expensive.

OK the crisis is partly averted.

I went to Value City and ordered a replacement. Picked one slightly different in engineering.

The old one had the little round flapper thing on the right side that you pulled to recline. The other night I pulled it and BOOOOING! it would not recline.

I tore into the thing with a hatchet and box cutter, which I just happened to have laying there, and discovered that after all these years of constant use the cable had broken.

I hooked up a makeshift release using some snare wire and a keychain ring in true survivor fashion. It now releases but has the side chopped out and looks like a gutted possum sitting in the living room.

I got a new one with a lever rather than a cable.

This old one has been on salvage alert for a couple of years. The poor nagua lost all his hide and looked like a mangy dog. It had been hidden under a Walmart recliner cover for a long time.

I have decided to cover the new chair with the old cover so I will not go into "I don't like change" crisis and require therapy.

And yea, they are expensive! I could have bought a new AR for what this thing cost!

I am sure I will get my money's worth from it. I have spent more time in that recliner than at the range or in camp in the last 10 years.

Actually I have spent quite some bit of time shooting while sitting in that recliner! I have a bullet trap set up in the living room.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 11-07-2018 at 11:03 AM.

You should have done a you tube on the repair process.

Alan

Just make one.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Maybe I'll start a GoFundMe for a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I hooked up a makeshift release using some snare wire and a keychain ring in true survivor fashion. It now releases but has the side chopped out and looks like a gutted possum sitting in the living room.
    What's the problem with that? It's the "rustic" look.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Help! I've reclined and can't sit up!

A few years ago I discovered the Cadillac of Lazy Boys. Electric. I kid you not. You don't have to pull a lever or anything. You just push a button. You heard me right. Push a button. But being the true survivalist I am I quizzed them about power failure, I know if I was reclined and the power went out I would be like a turtle on my back and could die in that position, albeit very comfortably. Battery backup! Yeah, who knew? I'm now waiting for voice command so I don't even have to push a button. Now that will be the cat's meow. I'll never own one connected to the internet however. I'm not having some Chinese guy hack me and twist me up like a pretzel.

I passed up on the electric ones for the same reason power failure!

The salesman seemed to think it was odd that I would immediately think of a power failure but I reminded him that I was fighting to get in and out of the one I had presently. The thing tries to kick me in the butt every time I get out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

A few years ago I discovered the Cadillac of Lazy Boys. Electric. I kid you not. You don't have to pull a lever or anything. You just push a button. You heard me right. Push a button. But being the true survivalist I am I quizzed them about power failure, I know if I was reclined and the power went out I would be like a turtle on my back and could die in that position, albeit very comfortably. Battery backup! Yeah, who knew? I'm now waiting for voice command so I don't even have to push a button. Now that will be the cat's meow. I'll never own one connected to the internet however. I'm not having some Chinese guy hack me and twist me up like a pretzel.
    Here's the answer to your problem:

Recliner hamster.jpg
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post

Yep. Paid entirely too much for an electric Lazy Boy about six months ago. It's awesome. Don't regret it at all.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I've got an electric one that will even stand me up (if I ever want to get up). That's the reason I have a generator, to run the chair and the CPAP machine, ... and for the grandkids to play on. They run it up and down more than I do.

Alan

Curious thing about grandkids. They seem to know where the recline button is but not the sit up button. They seem to think they are supposed to climb out of the recliner once it is in the recline position leaving it for me to go around tripping over extended foot rests. Uh, no. I have had to have "the talk" with them. Ah, to be young again.

Oh, mine would take it right up to the roof if it would go that high. But they will leave it in either of the two extreme positions.

Alan