Thread: Wine

Default Wine

Just bottled up 3 gallons of red raspberry wine. This stuff turned out so good, it was drinkable right out of the bottling keg. Nothing like being cranked at 10am in the morning. Had to taste test it multiple times and didn't want to throw out that last glass worth in the keg....

Grew the raspberries myself and just followed the recipe in the book, Winemakers Recipe Handbook. If you're into making wines with various harvestables, that is the most amazing book out there. All gallon-sized recipes on everything from blueberries to grapes to oddities like onion or prickly pear. Plus a couple generics to follow for wild edibles you might want to try like persimmon or paw paw.

I have 3 gallons of Concord grape wine in a secondary. That's still settling out, though the fementing action has slowed quite a bit.

Bought a small fruit press this year that's beefy enough to do apples, so next weekend I pick up a crate of Winesaps to try hard cider from fresh apples. That'll be fun!
    Last edited by LowKey; 10-13-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Well, that's cool. Don't forget that your local quality assurance team is required by state and federal law to sample all alcoholic beverages to ensure its safety. It's all part of the ATF-WSFQA. PM me for my address. Crash is out of town so I'm forced to handle such things in his absence.

The proper method is to send it all to me and I will sample it. I will then return all that is good. No, really, I will. Honest.

Fabulous.

I made 11 bottles of formaldehyde from 14 pounds of strawberries once.

NEVER make wine using the "natural" yeasts that already round. You never know what you'll get.

Skunk spray, poison ivy, and hemlock are natural, too, after all.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

That'll teach me to go out of town.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Just finished an expo here where we have out samples of home made wine for people to taste. Went through a few bottles . Plus had a jug of wine making for them to see.

ah homemade wine what can ya say.
    made a jug of grapewine earlyer this year
    one glass would put you half in the bag.
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Ohhhh fun. I'd love to try. Just planted my raspberry bushes this year so maybe in a couple years.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Keep a close eye on those bushes. They will take off on their own. They can be pretty invasive.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Keep a close eye on those bushes. They will take off on their own. They can be pretty invasive.
    They are over on the edge of the property where they have room to take over.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!