Thread: Biolite makes a gassification COOKING fireplace.

Default Biolite makes a gassification COOKING fireplace.

This came across my screen and wow clearly it is way out there even to me. Smokeless BBQ does not interest me... BUT cooking without PROPANE is a winner! You can turn this down and have some smoke... or you can turn it up so you would not give up your position and use any fuel you want. I am thinking this would work for boon-docking or parking in a Walmart and save you gas. You can solar power this, or connect it to the RV your choice. Apparently, you can control the temperature by controlling the air flow... a little. What I am looking for is a discussion to discover if this fits the needs of the group. Please post both negative and positive below... I have no idea if this fits the forum. I do not represent Biolite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5Lic6hdrXM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abb0ixMN55M
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

It seems like a nice product but it retails for $160. For less money I can buy a grill with a larger cooking surface. I'm not trying to evade anyone so all I'm interested in is a hot burger. If evasion is your concern then you have the problem of recharging both the power pack and your phone. If you can't do that then you are back to an expensive fire pit that smokes. If you are into high tec then it seems like a really cool product that serves as both a fire pit and a cooker. They have a great night time pic on their web site of it being used as a fire pit.

https://www.bioliteenergy.com/produc...12471708287075

Interesting take - its solar rechargeable and I found it solved a problem about putting a pit on ground and leaving evidence. I thought it was cool idea.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

That's an option.

Not being able to charge itself as in the original, smaller version would be a deal breaker for me. Kind of defeats the purpose if you need to bring extra gear for charging. Since I have absolutely zero concern about concealing my position (if that were a concern I would not have a fire) this stove accomplishes absolutely nothing for me other than draining my wallet for the stove and additional gear to charge it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel