Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LindyLu

Confine me? Foolish mortal. Besides, I was just recycling.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

born 100 years to late - buttercup's Avatar

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Uh...if you find you don't have enough shelf space to accommodate your therapy you could...uh....give me a call...and...uh....I could take some of that off your hands. Just trying to help you understand.

sorry.........I need my therapy badly and couldn't give away any help for my sanity. Very possessive over my pretty colorful jars........I would almost give you my (almost but not really ) first born before parting with my food supply.
    If you love to read, visit -
    http://www.authorsden.com/mardapp

Whoa there lady. I have my own first born. Don't need any more, thank you very much. First borns are the penitence for past mistakes, I think.

Now, think through this, if you keep everything you can eventually you run out of room to store stuff. Right? Sure. BUT! You send the stuff to me, I'll recycle (notice QA, recycle) and return the jars to you. Ergo (I really like that word) Ergo, you continue to have sufficient space for storage, you still keep your pretty colorful jars and your therapy continues. All scientifically thought out. Ta Da!!
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Blog Entries

Whoa there lady. I have my own first born. Don't need any more, thank you very much. First borns are the penitence for past mistakes, I think.

Now, think through this, if you keep everything you can eventually you run out of room to store stuff. Right? Sure. BUT! You send the stuff to me, I'll recycle (notice QA, recycle) and return the jars to you. Ergo (I really like that word) Ergo, you continue to have sufficient space for storage, you still keep your pretty colorful jars and your therapy continues. All scientifically thought out. Ta Da!!
    Back Off! Crash and I won't give up one square inch of our duties in QC.

Looks like another cheap power grab effort to me.....
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

You again?

Welcome to the forum LindyLu.
    Look around have fun and please do not feed the animals...LOL

born 100 years to late - buttercup's Avatar

well, the recycling idea is great but I am ahead of you. We already recycle here in combination with giving me therapy.

See, I fill the jars - we use the insides as needed - and then I re-fill them again. "ERGO', same idea that you had but saves shipping and transport to another location (such as yours . . .). Sorry.

I have to apoligize to LindyLu - sort of highjacked this thread and stepped on her welcome. Wasn't nice or polite; wll go away and look at my pretty jars now.
    If you love to read, visit -
    http://www.authorsden.com/mardapp

Blog Entries

Cool Hi LindyLu!

Hi & welcome to the "Wolf-Pack! As you can see they are indeed a spirited bunch. You want to keep rick in line just send him a Twinkie every now & again. Btw, anyone who's been in Scouts is definately Ok in my book!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hi, my husband and I were just discussing the girl scout call her learned form his dad as a boy in the 79s, who had learned it from his best female friend who was a girl scout (the hi-low-eenie-meenie call). Its meant to be a way to call out to someone while giving away your location, and then the person answers back with a version of this: heptaminika onikazonica oomptiali you hoo. There are different versions of it. My husbands father taught it to my husband so they could always find each other in a big crowd. I also just came across this today, which claims it has viking origin. (See attached photo)Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Now this is what I call a Zombie thread. Wholly cow! 11 years old!
    The eenie meenie caw caw nonsense is just that. The idea of chanting as a form of echo-location may be Viking in origin, but those words? Not likely.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Yeah, that's just what I found today when searching the interwebs. I was surprised to find anything at all. The viking thing was the first thing that popped up, and this very old thread was the other. Then I continued down the wormhole trying to find more which lead me to the page linked below. Sounds more Native American than anything else to me too. Researching "girl scout chants" I've found some other songs/chants, but not this same one so far. It's interesting to see how well know a lot of them are, yet no one knows their origin for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by crashdive123; 08-22-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Then there's the chant Aintherenomore seeyaalllater ByeBye.

Viking ship calls out to other ship in fog.
    Other ship answers.
    Viking leader says, "Shoot over there."
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Wilderness Forum and can I ask what have you learned about Survival today? Have you taken Sergeant Safari, Survival Wilderness Survival Quiz as yet? a good idea to take it as a new member and then say six months to a year test your skill levels. You can find a link on the bottom of the main forum page. Good Luck.