Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LindyLu

Red face LindyLu

Hello All,
    I found this forum yesterday and am beyond thrilled to be in touch with so many like minded folks. I hope I can contribute as well as learn from all of you. I am a state of rushing to prepare although I guess I have been preparing for years. Just wasn't quite sure why that tiny little voice kept nagging. Now it is obvious. I am lucky to be high atop a mountain in TN and family close enough that we all pitch in. I count myself lucky to have been a Girl Scout - that sounds odd - but I learned so much that is all coming back. I also have several like minded close friends in IN and it really helps to bounce thoughts & ideas back & forth. I have a large garden, can and dehydrate, have a root cellar and goats for milking and making cheese & yogurt, chickens for eggs & meat, bake my own bread, have a dog for guarding my fine self and enough books and games and "music makers" to occupy me for the next 45 years and am well armed. Oh...I intend living to 110 which outdoes my grandma by a couple years. I went through the 1970s gas shortage and that began this journey I think. We heated 2 large buildings with Fisher woodstoves and that taught me alot. I do not buy food at the grocery, have eliminated high fructose corn syrup & as much artificial poisons from my food supply as possible. Am an enemy of Monsanto & completely opposed to NAIS (National Animal Identification System) but I imagine you all know what the initials stand for. I think that's about all I can think of. I am semi bad at computers so if I make mistakes, please be gentle.
    I bid you farewell with this thought...Hi-low-eenie-meenie-ki-ki-um-chow-chow-eee-wa-wa...Does anyone know what that means?
    LindyLu

Welcome to the forum!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Welcome and have no idea what that means.....

Hi Lindylu, welcome aboard, seems we can look forward to some worthwhile contributions. Watch out for Rick and Ken, they're both a little flaky, but we still love 'em.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default Thank You

I appreciate the welcome and look forward to learning lots. By the way...Hi-low-eenie-meenie-ki-ki-um-chow-chow is Indian for HELP!!! Ah, Girl Scouts :-))
    LindyLu

born 100 years to late - buttercup's Avatar

Exclamation

Thanks for pointing me to this site you found - or maybe not. CAn't seem to get what I want done for running here when I take a quick break to see what new has been posted. Great site, really, and lots of information available. And I know you can add to the knowledge here . . .
    If you love to read, visit -
    http://www.authorsden.com/mardapp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trax View Post
    Hi Lindylu, welcome aboard, seems we can look forward to some worthwhile contributions. Watch out for Rick and Ken, they're both a little flaky, but we still love 'em.
    Welcome to the Forum, LindyLu!

Rick? Who's Rick??? If some guy around here claims to be Rick, don't pay attention to him. He's an imposter. OUR Rick isn't up for parole for at least 5 years.

And thanks, Trax. You're one of those guys who can tell somone to go to Hell in a way that they look forward to the trip, aren't ya'?
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark

Welcome home, Lindi Lu. Please excuse me while I go close the lid AGAIN on Ken's box. I don't know how he keeps getting it open. By the way, I'm the ventriloquist, he's the ......other one.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup View Post
    Thanks for pointing me to this site you found - or maybe not. CAn't seem to get what I want done for running here when I take a quick break to see what new has been posted. Great site, really, and lots of information available. And I know you can add to the knowledge here . . .
    Sorry buttercup,but this site is totally addictive,Chris' next new site will be a therapy site for all us addicts

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Addictive????? Nah! *as he quickly jumps to General Emergency Preparedness*
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    Sorry buttercup,but this site is totally addictive,Chris' next new site will be a therapy site for all us addicts

are there any meds available to counter-act the effects??

At this point in time,no,the condition is too new to acurately prescribe a medication for treatment!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Bacon always helps.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Bacon and coffee help. There are a lot of therapies that you can employ. Fire starting, shelter building, knapping (or napping), canning, BBQing, Smoking food, ........
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

bacon and coffee are always good........canning is excellent therapy for me. Wonderful to see my shelves of colorful jars filled with assorted garden stuff. Love it!!!

Uh...if you find you don't have enough shelf space to accommodate your therapy you could...uh....give me a call...and...uh....I could take some of that off your hands. Just trying to help you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Bacon always helps.
    Crash,I actually forgot about bacon

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Uh...if you find you don't have enough shelf space to accommodate your therapy you could...uh....give me a call...and...uh....I could take some of that off your hands. Just trying to help you understand.
    Rick, as Super Moderator and Minister of Science for Traxistan I realize that you have......shall we say - powers - that us mear mortals do not possess. But to try and bypass the Quality Control Department??? Now that's just wrong.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Rick, as Super Moderator and Minister of Science for Traxistan I realize that you have......shall we say - powers - that us mear mortals do not possess. But to try and bypass the Quality Control Department??? Now that's just wrong.
    And demanding of severe punishment. I suggest we confine him without Bacon for 3-5 years, with parole eligibility only if he apologizes to everyone here.
    “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.”
    W. Edwards Deming

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils."
    General John Stark