Thread: Maybe Tighter Gun Control is Needed

Default Maybe Tighter Gun Control is Needed

Maybe if Iran tighten their gun laws these things wouldn't happen.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/22/65073...attack-in-iran

Persians been killin each other and anybody elst they can get their hands on for longer than there's been guns.

The link won't load for me but I saw the title.

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yep, in that vein I was talking to a British friend the other day about a report I saw in a British news service.

108 people killed in London this year. Several run down with cars, even more beaten to death. 62 of them killed with knives. Only a couple shot.

He was of the opinion that this proved gun control was working!

My take was that they had just switched tools, and the count was much higher than when they used to have fewer gun control laws.

They were also astounded that 30% of the murders were committed by males between 16 and 25. My friend could not believe me when I explained that more then 30% of all crime was committed by males between 16 and 25! I told him to check the auto insurance rates for that age bracket and see what impulsive behavior will cost you.

Run the numbers to 16 to 35 and you cover 80% of all crime. That was a totally new bit of information to them.

Last time I checked the figures for crime by persons over age 50 was 1%.

It does not even pay for the cops to pull over us old geezers for broken tail lights, they are not going to find anything illegal or stolen why bother!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Tool & Die Maker

I found this on the NPR website: Sounds just like Chicago where the government is not really in control, the gang bangers run things in certain parts of Chicago. We should send Dianne Feinstein to Iran to fix their gun problem. She will outlaw the 30 round magazines, that will fix everything.

Updated at 6:01 p.m. ET

At least 25 people are dead and 60 others wounded after gunmen fired on a military parade in Iran on Saturday, according to Iranian state-run news outlet IRNA.

IRNA reported that civilians, including women and children, who were watching the parade in the southwestern city Ahvaz, are among the dead and injured.

Gunmen disguised as soldiers in military uniforms began shooting from behind the stands during the parade, according to the state-run news agency.

Videos on social media show soldiers in uniform and civilians dropping to the pavement and running for cover, as gunfire rings out in the background. The attack lasted about 10 minutes, the BBC's David Bamford told NPR.

State media called the attackers terrorists and reported that all four gunman were killed.

"Terrorists recruited, trained, armed & paid by a foreign regime have attacked Ahvaz," Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Twitter.

"Iran will respond swiftly and decisively in defense of Iranian lives," he wrote.

Zarif also said journalists were among the victims, but that has not been confirmed.

NPR's Peter Kenyon reported that initially, attackers were described as "takfiri gunmen" by news agencies, a term sometimes used to describe Islamic State fighters.

But in the hours after the attack, state-run media reported the Al-Ahwaz separatist group claimed the responsibility for the attack.

Arab separatists groups have operated in the region for years, according to The New York Times. The separatists are previously only known to have conducted oil pipeline bombings at night, The Associated Press reports.

Twin Attacks Hit Iran's Parliament And Khomeini Mausoleum; ISIS Claims Responsibility

The Two-Way

Twin Attacks Hit Iran's Parliament And Khomeini Mausoleum; ISIS Claims Responsibility

The parade in Ahvaz, a city with a population of more than a million people, was one of many happening nationwide in honor of Sacred Defense Week, marking the 38th anniversary of Iran's eight-year war with Iraq.

The U.S. State Department said it was aware of reports of the attack, in a statement emailed to NPR. "We stand with the Iranian people against the scourge of radical Islamic terrorism and express our sympathy to them at this terrible time," State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert said. "The United States condemns all acts of terrorism and the loss of any innocent lives."
    Last edited by jim Glass; 09-24-2018 at 09:08 AM.

You gentlemen should understand that facts, logic, history, the U.S. Constitution, the right of personal self defense, are absolutely meaningless to the gun control freaks. They have an agenda and nothing will dissuade them from achieving it.

They have no intention of being thrown off course: ban and confiscate firearms.

And they never, ever, disengage.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Oh, I think we understand. This thread was a bit of irony pointing out that fact. In an iron state like Iran when personal freedoms are non-existent and gun ownership virtually outlawed these kind of things still happen. Dogs kill digs, Birds kill birds and men kill men. Laws will never change that.

here in the us all total city county, stste and federal
    there are over 25,000 firearms reg's on the books.
    how much is enough?
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

That was for Iran.