Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't I like Glocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher View Post
    I disliked Glock pistols for years. My Brother in Law gave me a Model 19 just to shut me up about it. Since then, I have acquired a Model 40 Gen 4 in 10MM. They are decent pistols afterall
    That one interests me. I have handled 2-3 including yours.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

My dislike for Glocks is primarily due to how they look. They just look wrong to my jaded old eye. Like they were designed by some kid they drafted from the kindergarten class, handed a dull crayon and said "draw us a pistol".

It has nothing to do with the poly frame because I have plastic rifles and pistols all over the place around here.

I know that is just approval or disapproval based on superficial opinion and it flows over to other firearms for me as well.

In my eyes an M1 Garand looks like a pregnant elephant. Same for the M14. And I always though the M16 looked like they needed to finish it because they were not quite done with it.

In the same light I feel like they need to finish the Glock because they quit working on it about 3/4 of the way through doing the outside.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I too was a Glock hater. One day #1 son had his 17 and I shot it. The grip was all wrong, it didn't point like my 1911s, it had that light plastic feel to it, and I was stacking rounds in on top of each other at 25 yards. After all the things I hated about it I could not get past how well I was shooting it. I got one and it's now my ranch carry. I don't care if it gets dirty, wet, wet and dirty, whatever. I clean it with a spray can. It's light, goes bang when it is called on and I can do it 17 times. It's the only Glock I have and will likely be the only one I'll ever have. It's good for what it's good for.

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yes, but I do the same thing with my S&W M&P and it looks so much better!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

And I couldn't hit anything with my S&W M&P Shield. I gave it to my Nephew.

Alan

The handguns I shoot best are

Glock 17
    RI 1911 compact
    Colt Woodsman
    Most Colt/Replica SAA/Ruger Blackhawk.
    High Standard Supermatic

I can shoot well with S&W, Colt, Ruger DA revolvers shooting them DA. If I try to shoot them SA I'm all over the place.
    While I do fine with the Supermatic, I haven't gotten the hang of the S&W model 41.

I stopped trying to figure it out a long time ago...

Alan