Thread: Howdy!

Default Howdy!

I'm Ron and the last name is Layton. I'm 65 and retired from the government (don't ask). I was born and raised in the mountains of southwest Pennsylvania. I graduated high school in 1971 and was cordially invited to join the US Army. I was in the US Army 10 years, and during one of my stints was part of the SERE cadre for the Intel school at Fort Huachuca, AZ. I was stationed in Europe, Southeast Asia and Central America. After my military career was up I stayed in the western US and rarely ventured east of the Mississippi river. I have been writing a blog on and off (lately mostly off) for the past 10 or so years. I have lived in the wilderness of the western US for months at a time and enjoy practicing any kind of primitive/survival techniques. I like to build my own gear and have mastered just about every fire making skill out there as far as spark or friction. I am a knapper and stone worker in general, a student of ethnobotany and wild plants for food and other uses, cordage making, tanning hides, working horn and bone and just about anything else related to the field. Good to meet you all.
    Last edited by Rick; 08-26-2018 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Removed link

Welcome from the great Mojave Desert!

Welcome home. I removed the link in your post. That violates the rules of the forum. You are not allowed to post a link to any site you have an interest in. However, you can post it in your signature you are just not allowed to make reference to it.

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel