Thread: DIY Survival Boat

Default DIY Survival Boat

what do you think ? there will be a testing video as well

Check out my survival youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCup...cRQ3O29ZB7Ybiw

Do you have a DIY survival paddle?
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

You have a charming dog! I subscribe to your channel. Of course, since I am such a freaking loser I had to come back in the dark of night and attempt to spam your site. I'm not very good at it, nor am I very smart. The one thing I am good at is demonstrating what a loser I am.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 01-04-2022 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Idiot Spammer

This should be fun.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    This should be fun.
    The testing video or the link in Gustafason's post added at 3:34 AM?

Alan

Not as much fun as I thought. Just another stupid spammer.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

You got to get up pretty early in the morning to fool Mr. Crashdive123. 3:34 Am evidently ain't early enough.....

Alan

He does get up a might earlier than me. But, then, I live way north of him. That probably accounts for it.

You have a charming dog! I subscribe to your channel. An interesting video and a cool idea of a handmade boat. This video does not show whether this boat can go down on the water? It looks impressive, but I'm not sure that this boat will float. Do you have a video of this boat floating? I love boats and everything connected with them. But I usually prefer safer vessels lol . I usually rent something on the weekend and pack some spam and go to the ocean. The best vacation you can imagine.
    Last edited by Rick; 01-05-2022 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Removed Link

Wow - such a way with words these idiots have.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by gcckoka View Post
    what do you think ?
    I think it's fun and creative, but I also think I'm never gonna need to use this information because I'd have brought an emergency raft and oars in my Vehicle Survival Kit lol. 🙃
    For want of a nail, the shoe was lost.
    For want of a shoe, the horse was lost.
    For want of a horse, the rider was lost.
    For want of a rider, the message was lost.
    For want of a message, the battle was lost.
    For want of the battle, the kingdom was lost.

...And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

--Medieval Chaos Proverb

gcckoka, could you please link part 2 when it comes out, I am beyond curious if it is going to hold his weight. I know the paracord will hold, I am just curious if he made it wide enough, and if the tarp will hold together around the makeshift canoe, or if the tarp is going to unravel while he is in it.

Companies have been making origami kayaks and folding and collapsible kayaks for quite some time, but they snap, connect, or tie or lock into place and it is the way the tarp is secured to the frame that I am most curious about with his DIY boat.

I have seen something similar to this that did float but he had used the O rings in the tarp to secure it to parts of the frame to prevent the tarp from coming lose or unraveling.

Regardless if it floats or sinks, cool idea, but if he ever gets it to float, I am thinking of its potential use. Talking about massive floods that have marooned families on top of their home's roof, waiting for rescue.

Ahh Crap. Just realized this was like watching a movie that ends on a cliff hanger that explains everything in the sequel, only there ends up being no sequel. That is my way of saying I just realized that this is an old post that was given new life recently and now i will never know if that guy got his boat to float lol.