Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A message from "mikey" Hayshaker

Default A message from "mikey" Hayshaker

Wanted to take a minute and let everyone know that Mikey called me earlier this afternoon to let me know that Mrs. Hayshaker passed away in her sleep last night. She had been in extremely bad health for several years and he was having to give her 24/7 care at home. He's trying to deal with all the stuff associated with her passing and funeral today. I asked him if he would like for me to inform everyone here and he asked if I would do so. I am asking on his behalf that everyone keep him in their thoughts and prayers for strength to get through this rough time.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

He's pretty broke up. Certainly understandable. When he's ready to come back on line, I know he'll appreciate words of support. Grief sucks.

She was his world.
    Last edited by madmax; 08-10-2018 at 05:44 PM.

God Bless and prayers
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I know that there are fewer things in this world harder to deal with than the loss of your spouse. My heart goes out to you my friend. You will be in my prayers.

Sad to hear this news, Prayer sent.

Smoke sent! I'm sorry to hear this, if there's anything we can do for him let us know.

You have my sincere condolences. So sorry to hear of your loss.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Condolences and prayers sent.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I am praying for Mike.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I am very sorry to hear of Hayshaker's loss. I offer my condolences and hope he can find comfort in knowing for Mrs. Hayshaker, there is no more pain and discomfort.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Condolences and prayers sent... Sorry for your loss Hayshaker.

I talked to Mikey today. He wanted me to thank everyone for the kind words. He's holding on and trying to get through everything. He's having a memorial service tomorrow for friends and family. Said that the reality of her being gone hasn't really set in yet. Said he'll look at his watch and think it's time to give her meds or roll here over or feed her and several other things. So he's making it day by day and hopes to be back soon.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    I talked to Mikey today. He wanted me to thank everyone for the kind words. He's holding on and trying to get through everything. He's having a memorial service tomorrow for friends and family. Said that the reality of her being gone hasn't really set in yet. Said he'll look at his watch and think it's time to give her meds or roll here over or feed her and several other things. So he's making it day by day and hopes to be back soon.
    Yeah I knew this was going to be hard. All the other realties of her passing really was tough too. He's posting a little so that's good. I'll keep in touch with him.

Mike, if you read this just know that you sometimes can't do it alone. There are times when you need help and there is no shame in getting it. Counseling, help from your physician, friends, family and clergy are all needed and can be truly a God send. I've used them all and relied heavily on them. It's a long road but you can get through it. You are in my prayers daily, brother. I do know the pain.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family Mike. I too know the pain. I went to my hospice counselor for two years. She really helped me figure out who I would be now that I wasn't a wife. I also know that my friends and family all wanted to help, said call if I needed them. I did need them but many times could not call. Let your friends and family help.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Prayers sent Mickey, I know you gave up a lot to take care of her. So sorry for your loss
    Semper Paratus

i would once again like to thank all here for thier support. though it has been over 8mos now
    i still struggle and life is one day at a time.like the gospel song
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

I hope that things get better with time, Mike.

Hayshaker, I am so sorry for your loss. I know all to well the pain you are going through, it has been 6 months since my fiance passed and I still struggle every day with knowing he isn't here and all the negative changes that have happened during and after he passed. I will keep you in my prayers, . I really have a hard time with each new day that dawns without him.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Every time I have a major change in life (I'm working on #9 and hopefully the last - I'm getting too old for all this moving furniture) I pretty much have to rebuild myself. The rebuild isn't too bad. Like moving, it's time to take stock of all you have to work with, play with all those toys that appear from out of the woodwork and you haven't seen in years, and figure out which way you want to go. I just never stop. When you stop...you stop.

It's also like washing dishes. There's this huge mountain of dishes that you think, "Gyah! This is going to take forever!" and you start with the first, rinse it off and put it in the washer...then the next, then the next, and the next thing you know it's a little, bitty pile of dishes and then they're in the washer and ready to go. Except you don't start at the bottom with dishes....that would be a disaster.....
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.