Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Hello, I'm Kitvin, though I tend to just go by Kit. I made a mistake when I entered my username during registration (that I had to notice after I finished...if someone knows how to/who to contact to change it, let me know!) I'm genderless/gender neutral or whatever the term for it is now. If you could use they/them/theirs, I really appreciate it! I'm 16, so if I seem naive sometimes, that's why. Currently, I live near San Francisco. It's alright, not really my thing though.

"Your Prior Relevant Training"-I took a basic first aid course ages ago, but I don't think that really counts.

"Your Level of Experience"-Definitely a novice.

"Your Interests and Hobbies"-Oh boy, this is gonna get long: gardening, cooking, archery, hiking, fishing, various artistic things, sewing and knitting, taking care of animals (not large livestock, they scare me), singing/music, and I want to start bowhunting when I'm skilled enough. And other things I've probably forgotten.

I'm planning to live off-grid in the future, somewhere up north (looking at Montana right now.) I might be part of an off-grid/homestead community, I'm not 100% sure yet.

If there's anything else you'd like to know (within reason) just ask!

I made the change for you. Email sent.

Welcome aboard,
    Feel free to ask anything.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Hello and welcome. Admittedly I do not really understand the whole genderless/gender neutral craze. To me, the answer is pretty simple - but hey - to each his/her/their own.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Hello, and welcome.

By "genderless/gender neutral" I assume you mean you don't want to say. Mostly old guys here, but we're pretty harmless, as far as I can tell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_qdLp5lfvw

Life is complicated enough.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Delete...delete..delete…

Rick might get mad at me again. Crash just laughs and digs me deeper.

It was COLD Dave!!!
    Last edited by madmax; 08-08-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Truth be told, I'm not neutral. I do favor one over the other. I do favor the one a LOT over the other.

walk away... walk away... ok maybe not.

Here's my thoughtful and thought through comment.

Kit, I wish you nothing but the best in life. Hope you find the off grid community you seek.

Have a sense of humor. Even old straight men here have to cultivate that.

See... I can be unoffensive.

I am going to mark that post on the calendar. It ain't often you are good.

Oh, he's good often. It's kind of like a tree falling in the woods though.........if nobody is around to hear it......
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Banned

Hello, Kit! Welcome to the forum!

Guys, really what does Gender identity/sexual identy got to do with anything?
    Its really of no consequence to anyone what some one wants to Identify as, this should not detract from the person's want and willingness to learn about survival... get over it some people are apache attack helicopters and well that's their identity..
    I will respect whatever it is they would like to be referred to as, it has no bearing on my own identity or ability to be kind friendly and helpful..
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

You're right Antony, I'm not real sure why the OP brought it up... unless they have some sort of issue with it.

Alan

As Alan pointed out, the OP brought it up, so I commented in a manner meant to be amusing, and helpful, not harmful.

As to what does gender identity have to do with anything, it's about reality. Male and female are physical realities, regardless of what we may think or feel. Believing something that is in conflict with physical reality is called being delusional. Encouraging people to try out delusions is not nice. Teaching people that you can be a male if you want, a female if you want, neither if you want, a cocker spaniel if you want, is not nice. It just adds confusion in a world that is confusing enough. That's why I said: "Life is complicated enough."

Suppose I lost both of my arms in an accident, but continued to tell people that I had arms, and acted as if I had arms, and said things like, "See? I am holding this can of beer in my hand. Now I'm drinking it. See?" but I'm not because I don't have any hands or arms. It would be wrong to get mad at me, or insult me, but it would also be wrong to act as if I didn't have a problem.

Everyone has issues. Everyone needs to deal with them. Pretending someone's issue is not an issue doesn't help them. In many cases, this may be how someone is asking for help. Saying, "Oh, that's nice. You can be whatever you want." is blowing them off.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

I'm really kinda narrow minded about the whole thing, and not in a politically correct way, but I don't constantly bring it up. I certainly don't express my personal views on the subject. My wife gets mad at me when I use that kind of language.

Alan

I can see we're going to have to get a much bigger corner. Maybe a rounder corner for those that have problems with sharp angles.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Is there nachos in the corner?

Alan

I dont see any point in bringing up what identity you want to identify as either.
    Carrots and donkeys , Don't feed the donkey the carrots.
    Its almost as If controversy was meaningfully sought out.
    I have better things to do with my life than argue points that have no bearing on myself.

Nacho corner. You see what I did there?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Are there nachos?

No one told me abut the nachos and I do not appreciate being put into a round room and told they are in the corner!

BTW, hello Kit.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?