Thread: Someone wants to hunt on my lease

Tool & Die Maker

Default Someone wants to hunt on my lease

Received a call from Florida from someone that knows me at the campground. He has a friend that wants to kill one hog on my leased property and wanted my approval. I told him "NO", when I get to Florida in November I would be happy to "take" him hog hunting. This guy turned up the pressure for my approval and I told him again "NO". I told him I'm not having people I don't know hunt the lease while I'm in Northern Illinois. The neighbors won't know who this person is and this person will not have any documentation.
    This guy doesn't even know exactly where my lease is. This guy asked me if anyone else has the lease he could ask for permission. I again told him "NO" the lease is all mine and it is.

Sure glad I held my ground. Allowing strangers to hunt would be a good way to loose a hunting lease.
    Last edited by jim Glass; 08-01-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Wow, what a douche! I think I would rescind the offer to take him out when you're in the area, not the kind of fellow I'd want to hang around.

Tool & Die Maker

Ya, I was thinking the same thing. I can see all kinds of problems. This guy that wants to hunt probably has buddies that wants to hunt. Ultimately I can see these guys trying to lease the property away from me. The way it is now the neighbors know me and like me, I can see strangers changing all of that. There's nothing in it for me either.
    Last edited by jim Glass; 08-01-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Any time I run into these situations (which isn't often any more because I'm a horses a$$), I ask myself "Who is liable?" The answer is always "Me". So, No, No, and Hell No, you can't hunt on my property or my leased property without me there, or at all.

Alan

I think I would contact the owner of the property and make him aware that you were approached by the individual, the individuals name and that you flatly refused to give permission. That way, if the guy winds up hunting without your permission and something happens at least the owner knows you had no culpability in the matter. I would make that contact an email so it's in writing.

Tool & Die Maker

So far the only people allowed on my lease are a couple of guys from the RV park that I trust and they help me out with my blind. I see them every day. I take countless guests out hog hunting but they are also from the RV park. These people have little incentive to screw me out of my lease. Wild hog hunting is sort of an unofficial perk of being in the RV park. I think it is best to limit access to the lease to people that stay in the RV park and they hunt with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I think I would contact the owner of the property and make him aware that you were approached by the individual, the individuals name and that you flatly refused to give permission. That way, if the guy winds up hunting without your permission and something happens at least the owner knows you had no culpability in the matter. I would make that contact an email so it's in writing.
    This is very good advice.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I gave him an extra barrel of whisky to say that. He'll be okay going back to Florida...I think.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Cool idea, in this case your property will not suffer. LOL :группа:

Quote Originally Posted by Meniku View Post
    Lot of experience in Florida hunting leases, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Meniku View Post
    sounds like a Chinese fortune cookie antidote.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    sounds like a Chinese fortune cookie antidote.
    … edit... nevermind. I got in trouble already.