I went to the NTC last Thursday and came back home Saturday. This year it was located at the Escanaba Mi fairgrounds. There was demos on skinning and trapping but the outdoor orientated flea market was what I really went for. If I were in the need of steel traps or any kind of trap this was the place. I did pick up a few trap springs for knife making.

There was a fella there that had written a couple books about E.J. Dailey and Dick Woods. At one time E.J. was probably the most prolific article writer for the outdoor magazines of the time. Dick Woods was his trapping partner. I have always enjoyed E.J's writings. On another note of interest, Noah Rondeau the Adirondack hermit was from the same area. He did not like E.J. and made it well known. They were rivals trapping in the same area.

One of the highlights was Marty, Marty from The Mountain Man Show was there. He was popular with the crowd there. It wasn't worth it to me to wait around to chat with him for a minute. I'm more of a cup of coffee around a campfire guy. It's all cool though.

For accommodations I stayed out in the federal forest at night. That was the highlight for me.

Next year the NTA is in Springfield Missouri. Too far for me to travel but the next time it gets close, I'll go again.