Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: m1 carbine story

Thanks. The stock on the pistol had been "worked on" by previous owners so painting it, I felt, was a viable option.

I had a .30 Carbine Blackhawk. Man was that thing LOUD!. I did handload some more manageable cast bullet loads for it.

Al
    “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Ben Franklin

Now I remember who made those sliding stock carbines. It was Plainfield Machine Corp.. They used to make carbines out of surplus carbine parts they bought form Uncle Sam from 1951 to 1978.
    Here is a link to the info on them: Plainfield Machine Corp carbines

Al
    “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Ben Franklin

I too am a great fan of the M-1 Carbine. I remember the wire stocked ones, too. Owning a few of the weapons I also had a couple with the paratrooper stock, which I preferred to carry when hiking and camping.
    there was another company - Choate Tool Co. that made a polymer folding stock for the carbine as well back in the late 70,s and 80's.
    I still have 2 of them. I am not sure if they are still in business.

I think I had a plainfeild years ago. The stock I would like to have is the paratrooper model but I am pleased with what I have.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Yep, still in business. Chaote Machine and Tool.

Al
    Ben Franklin