Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urban Survival Pack

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    Hmm...I thought "urban survival pack" was called "Walmart".
    Well, if you'll recall the start of the Pandemic just over a year ago, the shelves in Wal Mart were depleted just like every grocery store around. Those people were REALLY desperate to get all the toilet paper and beer they could carry..

When I went anywhere during that time, I had my CamelBak strapped on my back along with my KelTec P11 riding inside the waistband of my pants.. Anytime I go across the big ditch and into Portland, OR, I go with those same items in place. I also wear carpenter jeans and a shirt depending on what the weather is like, and a jacket to keep the PNW rain off..

Yeah. Coloradoans go to the store to get what they need. But now about half of us are transplants so the stores empty when the weather services (who can't predict past two days here) says it's gonna dew heavily in a week. Me? I took a crash course on how to be a Coloradoan. It was one of those "When I grow up I wanna be a Coloradoan" things.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    Know this is a old post, but in any situation "blend in" is rule #1. In the woods wear colors you find there, desert the same, Urban or suburban even more so. While a pack, "man" purse, knapsack or what not is becoming more common to have something large enough to carry any supplies would stand out. I've started wearing 5.11 brand clothing. Not at all "tactical" or stand out looking. you can carry a lot of smaller items. Depending on the weather you can get a Scoville (sp?) vest or jacket. Somewhat like a Photographers vest except the pockets/ pouches are inside and hidden.
    Sorry, that I have been gone from the forum here forever but even longer ago (not a real phrase but it applies here), at Ron Fontaine's (grrhh don't get me started) Survival Topics forum, there were many many discussions of blending in. At that time, there were not that many options for women to hide items on their body but since more than a decade has passed, Duluth Trading (online and real stores) has just an excellent many many pocketed "gardening vest" that I purchased and boy, you could hide a bazooka in it. Anyhow, given we have now lived on 50 wooded acres, I want to get a darker colored one as the super light color would just stand out winter or summer.

But I agree with your 5.11 clothing description also. I have several pairs of pants like new 1 in black, and 1 in tannish, that will fit nicely once I finish losing this weight I gained back over December. They blend in both in the city, country and suburpia.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15