Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urban Survival Pack

Default Urban Survival Pack

I'm about to buy a 3V Gear sling bag because I've heard good things about it and I can afford it. Anyone have any better ideas? Mostly need a compact sling bag with molle and has to be black. I don't need Rikers or whatnot spotting me a mile down a Detroit road when TEOTWAWKI hits.

Good luck with that.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yes, I looked up both Rikers and "whatnot" and there is no definition of either term on Google, so I am having difficulty discussing a bag suitable for their use.

BTW, black is not the best urban camo color. No solid color is good camo, even at night. You might as well wear blaze orange because you will stick out like a "ninja boy scout" on duty at the mall.

You want camo in an urban situation then wear urban clothes. You want to transport gear, do it in an urban fashion, not some off balance, survival yuppie sling bag.

Next point, why are you in a place where you need all this concern. Detroit is not Stalingrad and the entire city is not leveled to rubble. There are some bad areas but some of Detroit's suburbs are among the best places to live in the nation. During most riots the destruction stops at a well defined border, usually at a point where the rioters know they are not safe if they intrude past that point. TPTB simply do not care if they burn down their own neighborhoods but if they cross the line into "tax payer territory" they will be dealt with.

If you are in a temporary urban uproar the logical thing is not to go where the action is but to move into the calm and protected areas. That might be a block away or across the bridge, but it likely will not include a hike to Toledo.

When seeking protection being dressed all in black and carrying something that appears to be a satchel charge, like an international terrorist, might not be a wise move.

Also I might add that if you are moving in a manner that you can be spotted a mile away you are doing it wrong. You need some serious work on your escape and evasion skills and not a new pack.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Just as an example...not good urban camo especially in Detroit.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Good urban camo even in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Yes, I looked up both Rikers and "whatnot" and there is no definition of either term on Google, so I am having difficulty discussing a bag suitable for their use.

BTW, black is not the best urban camo color. No solid color is good camo, even at night. You might as well wear blaze orange because you will stick out like a "ninja boy scout" on duty at the mall.

You want camo in an urban situation then wear urban clothes. You want to transport gear, do it in an urban fashion, not some off balance, survival yuppie sling bag.

Next point, why are you in a place where you need all this concern. Detroit is not Stalingrad and the entire city is not leveled to rubble. There are some bad areas but some of Detroit's suburbs are among the best places to live in the nation. During most riots the destruction stops at a well defined border, usually at a point where the rioters know they are not safe if they intrude past that point. TPTB simply do not care if they burn down their own neighborhoods but if they cross the line into "tax payer territory" they will be dealt with.

If you are in a temporary urban uproar the logical thing is not to go where the action is but to move into the calm and protected areas. That might be a block away or across the bridge, but it likely will not include a hike to Toledo.

When seeking protection being dressed all in black and carrying something that appears to be a satchel charge, like an international terrorist, might not be a wise move.

Also I might add that if you are moving in a manner that you can be spotted a mile away you are doing it wrong. You need some serious work on your escape and evasion skills and not a new pack.
    hahahahahahah thanks for the laugh.
    Seesh man lol
    Everyday In Johannesburg is a survival situation man...
    Dont look out of place in an urban situation..
    Simply look like everyone else does.....
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Large bipedal Primate Billofthenorth's Avatar

A lot depends upon the nature of the riot. In many of them property not people is the target. You might find yourself caught up in a race riot or similar situation though where you could be at risk.
    This time of year the Halloween stores are opening, you can find lots of wigs, fake beards and other costume items that are lightweight and will fit inside your pack. Throw something on, elude your pursuers and change into something else around the corner. The idea is to blend with the local culture not stand out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Yea, what Mad Max said.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Try a hello kitty backpack and some of those baggy pants that look like they are going to fall off, you will blend right in😁
    Sir Knife Collectin, Rocket Ridin, Girl Crazy Post
    Hoe of WSF

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

Anyone have any better ideas? Mostly need a compact sling bag with molle and has to be black. I don't need Rikers or whatnot spotting me a mile down a Detroit road when TEOTWAWKI hits.

Plain old Jansport book bag and street clothes. I can't carry a sling bag any distance before it gets uncomfortable. Try it.

Don't know if they sell them in Algeria, but our latest member has been banned twice now.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

His lack of originality was original.

Why not just use a wheel barrow?

Alan

Hmm...I thought "urban survival pack" was called "Walmart".
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Do not stand behind the man with the RPG. Don't ask me how I know that. Just take my word for it. That cat pushin' the wheelbarrow is in a baaaaad location. Stuff could get singed. You know....stuff, when things go down.

Tiny, on the other hand, has the right idea. You can never have too many guns or too many boolits as long as the boolits fit the guns of course.

Know this is a old post, but in any situation "blend in" is rule #1. In the woods wear colors you find there, desert the same, Urban or suburban even more so. While a pack, "man" purse, knapsack or what not is becoming more common to have something large enough to carry any supplies would stand out. I've started wearing 5.11 brand clothing. Not at all "tactical" or stand out looking. you can carry a lot of smaller items. Depending on the weather you can get a Scoville (sp?) vest or jacket. Somewhat like a Photographers vest except the pockets/ pouches are inside and hidden.
    If by what I have learned over the years, allow me to help one person to start to prepare. If all the mistakes I have made, let me give one person the wisdom that allows them to save their life or the life of a loved one in an emergency. Then I will truly know that all the work I have done will have been worth every minute.

Yeah. Coloradoans go to the store to get what they need. But now about half of us are transplants so the stores empty when the weather services (who can't predict past two days here) says it's gonna dew heavily in a week. Me? I took a crash course on how to be a Coloradoan. It was one of those "When I grow up I wanna be a Coloradoan" things.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.