Thread: Da bears are at it again

Default Da bears are at it again

More bears on the prowl, naughty bear.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...park-1.4709389
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Uhm. What husband lets his wife go outside at night when a bear is prowling around? Maybe one with paid up life insurance? Nah..... I'm going to open a common sense store and sell common sense. I'll make a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Uhm. What husband lets his wife go outside at night when a bear is prowling around? Maybe one with paid up life insurance? Nah..... I'm going to open a common sense store and sell common sense. I'll make a fortune.
    You will be so busy you will have to hire help I hope. Common sense needs to be sold for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You do not have any missionaries on your list of acquaintances, do you?

I have trained several before they departed for remote parts and they universally need that second book on common sense to add to their first reading choice.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I will not go into particulars but only say I absolutely agree with what you just said on missionaries. I am sometimes blown away wondering if they will make it back alive or their corpse will ever be found. They say God takes care of fools and babies and I admit to not being a baby any longer. I do believe, however, I have a bit more common sense than some that set out for parts unknown. I could toss a pastor and priest or two in the mix as well. I sometimes look up and ask Him to stick close because they will need all they help they can get.

I believe that may be the case with people with a singular focus, regardless of how noble the cause and focus is.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

It appears to me that God sent them a sign early on when the bear showed up in camp the first time and allowed it to be chased off by a pelting of rocks, possibly a harsh word or two and an admonishment to not return.......somewhat less than fire and brimstone.

That should have been sufficient to warn all in attendance to "beware, there be bears in these parts!"

A general battening of the hatches before bedtime and certainly no kiddy snacks tent tacos laying about would be in order.

Upon discovering that the bear had an oppositional defiant streak and had indeed ignored the previous admonishment and pelting, and had returned, then the general alarm and intruder alert of "BEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR"!!!!!!!!! loud clanging of what ever pot or pan (or both) was handy (this obviously in the absence of a volley of gunfire) would be the least of it.

I agree that Hubby should have been the one to go out and save the children, especially since he had to use his Kung Fu (bare hands and feet) skills to save his wife, who had resigned herself to being bear chow.

I know some folks who have done the Missionary thing. I've never been called, but I don't hear so good. They are generally good people with their heart in the right place. Mine's in the right place too (left side of my chest, not Mau Mau cannon fodder or a bear turd). I can't fault the ones I know because they only put themselves in danger. That is their right. Those that drag their kids along need to be eaten by cannibals or bears.

And, if I am ever become a missionary, or have to save one, I will be packing heat.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 06-23-2018 at 01:24 PM.

If I ever visit a camp and get stoned I will NOT return. Just sayin'.... That bear was tough or dense....or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If I ever visit a camp and get stoned I will NOT return. Just sayin'.... That bear was tough or dense....or both.
    I didn't know that Indiana had legalized marijuana.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

way back when the wife went into the mission field for a short spell.
    no bears there. it was the belgian congo, central west africa
    coyotes listen to them, like children of the night what music they make.

Okay, that was the 70's and not Indiana. Whole nother story. Never, ever use a knife and flint to try to light a...well, never mind. Let's just say I healed pretty well after that fiasco. Lessons learned and all that.

It was a whole nuther thing to have bears show up at those events too!

Alan

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Dinosaurs and Elephants playing tambourines and happy creatures dancing on the lawn maybe, but not bears.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?