Thread: bears have been up to no good lately

Default bears have been up to no good lately

I wonder if this fella went back to bed and slept soundly after all the commotion.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...rude-1.4704978
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

If Blade was still around we could read how he let the bear swallow him feet first and he cut his way out and then slept the rest of the evening on a bear skin rug.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There must be a song there somewhere...

Yeah - I'm a Paws n' Claws bear/just look at my hair.....
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I wonder if they have green bears?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Not to be favoring the Blade method but I am seeing a definite pattern here among "anglo" Canadians.

The Canadian natives shoot the bear and eat it. If there are two bears they line them up and shoot them both.

The European-Canadians skirt the bear, evade the bear, then open the door and let the bear go outside.

Now I ask, if this had been the home of most any of the FART Team members would the bear have been "returned to nature"?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Between the cataracts and poor eyesight we would have chalked it up to just another neighbor and offered it a cup of coffee. Our poor hearing would have mistaken the grunts and growls as typical old man behavior and we would have nodded politely and agreed like we do everyone. After a couple of cups of coffee and maybe a bacon sammich or two he would have ambled off with a pat on the back and good wishes. He would have been invited back of course. The bear would have probably stopped at the bottom of the steps and offered a wave. After all, he just had a couple of bacon sammiches and coffee.

...ambled off confused?

I could see the bear scratching his head. "Whu just happened?"
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Between the cataracts and poor eyesight we would have chalked it up to just another neighbor and offered it a cup of coffee. Our poor hearing would have mistaken the grunts and growls as typical old man behavior and we would have nodded politely and agreed like we do everyone. After a couple of cups of coffee and maybe a bacon sammich or two he would have ambled off with a pat on the back and good wishes. He would have been invited back of course. The bear would have probably stopped at the bottom of the steps and offered a wave. After all, he just had a couple of bacon sammiches and coffee.

If you could see some of my neighbors you would not be too far off.

And their husbands are even worse!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Not to be favoring the Blade method but I am seeing a definite pattern here among "anglo" Canadians.

The Canadian natives shoot the bear and eat it. If there are two bears they line them up and shoot them both.

The European-Canadians skirt the bear, evade the bear, then open the door and let the bear go outside.

Now I ask, if this had been the home of most any of the FART Team members would the bear have been "returned to nature"?
    I have to admit, I was surprised at the total lack of mention of firearms.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Here's one from Placer County, California.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-sm...152018618.html