Thread: Crime

Default Crime

Here in South Africa, we likely have one of the highest violent crime rates in the World,
    Here is some footage of a recent cash in transit heist (one of these happen just about everyday here according to stats)

My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Wow! I know people do become a little calloused to that kind of thing but I don't know if I could. Here in north central FL it's petty armed robbery, gang violence, or drugs. Opioids, bad heroin, or meth (big one) are getting more and more common. The meth heads can cook up a batch to sell in their house, car trunk, and even the homeless cook it up in their hobo camps. Nasty addiction. If you're not caught up in any of those things you are way ahead safety wise. But there's always the chance a hurting addict needs a fix and will do ANYTHING to get it.

Mannlicher and I were camping in the forest and a crazy lady drove in and started some wild stuff with the host. Sam covered him from behind a tree. The poor guy didn't know she had a gun until the next day when Sam told him.

I got lazy for a long time and didn't carry concealed. Not anymore. You guys outside the USA probably don't get the news of just how often a civilian stops a criminal with a legal firearm here. The liberal press doesn't print it. Heck, a lot of US citizens don't get that kind of news.

Stay safe man. Tony

Cash in transit van driver is off my list of jobs. I don't even think concealed carry would help with that many guns shooting at you. That would definitely qualify for a bad day in Flatrock.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I have another friend that spends some time in South Africa every couple of months. We were discussing this situation just last week and the precautions the people must take to try and avoid these situations.

It appears that the robbers knew exactly where and when the vans would appear. Establishing a routine can be a bad thing.

And once more, gun control seems to only affect the law abiding citizens and insure that robbers have little or no firepower to avoid.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I have another friend that spends some time in South Africa every couple of months. We were discussing this situation just last week and the precautions the people must take to try and avoid these situations.

It appears that the robbers knew exactly where and when the vans would appear. Establishing a routine can be a bad thing.

And once more, gun control seems to only affect the law abiding citizens and insure that robbers have little or no firepower to avoid.
    No doubt this is some inside info.. this is only a small part of the crime here.

We have some pretty strict gun control laws , but as pointed out this doesn't help a law abiding person.
    The issues we face here are multi-fold.. Its poverty, is political, is lack of jobs and poor policing and corruption.. but all beyond the scope of this form.

Anyway Just thought I share some of the dangers.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Wow! I know people do become a little calloused to that kind of thing but I don't know if I could. Here in north central FL it's petty armed robbery, gang violence, or drugs. Opioids, bad heroin, or meth (big one) are getting more and more common. The meth heads can cook up a batch to sell in their house, car trunk, and even the homeless cook it up in their hobo camps. Nasty addiction. If you're not caught up in any of those things you are way ahead safety wise. But there's always the chance a hurting addict needs a fix and will do ANYTHING to get it.

Mannlicher and I were camping in the forest and a crazy lady drove in and started some wild stuff with the host. Sam covered him from behind a tree. The poor guy didn't know she had a gun until the next day when Sam told him.

I got lazy for a long time and didn't carry concealed. Not anymore. You guys outside the USA probably don't get the news of just how often a civilian stops a criminal with a legal firearm here. The liberal press doesn't print it. Heck, a lot of US citizens don't get that kind of news.

Stay safe man. Tony
    I don't even think concealed carry would help with that many guns shooting at you. That would definitely qualify for a bad day in Flatrock.

Do you just parrot other people's posts or do you have something original to contribute?