Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Animal Protection and U + Saftey Risks (Advice Needed)

Just leave a few of these laying around.........may help them seek warmer sidewalks elsewhere.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Point made. About the only I truly fear around here are ground squirrels. They seem to be on some clandestine mission to undermine all concrete and collapse it. It's a never ending battle to trap them. Muhahahahahahaha. So far I'm ahead but not by much.
    Those little suckers are FAST too! No way you can get a bead on them as they move from one hidy hole to anther like something out of a Flash comic.

Something depressing about shooting Chip and Dale too.

Best just to leave out poison and detach from the deed.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Oh yeah?

I thought of this, too, but didn't act on it.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    I don't know about down in the lower 48 but black bears up here are little *****es. They will mess with you just to mess with you, unlike grizzlies. Grizzlies and big and bad enough to not have a chip on their shoulders but black bears seem to have the biggest Napoleon Complex. If approached by one, throw rocks or what ever you have to let him know you are not to be messed with. Keep a nice camp fire going. It doesn't have to be big. Keep aware of your surroundings and have fun.
    The black bears down yonder way are pretty similar.

I live in the NW corner of NJ so all of my outdoor activities are in this area or the NE section of PA. In these parts black bears are almost as numerous as squirrels, which means lots of them. They have a great sense of smell, and can hear darn near anything, but their eyesight isn't the best. When cutting through the brush I make it a habit of being noisy. I smack my walking stick against trees, whistle, clap my hands, basically anything to make my presence known. No matter what, they still f%^& with me. Kinda like my ex-wife...