Thread: Making coffee, charcoal using a start chimney.

Default Making coffee, charcoal using a start chimney.

Check out this simple way to make coffee and charcoals using a start chimney. It works very well, can even burn in half larger pics of wood by placing across the top of the re-bar pot holder. You can make the coffee then dump the charcoal into the grill and cook right away or put the lid on with the vent closed to choke it off and save for later.

IMGP0014.jpg

IMGP0015.jpg

IMGP0016.jpg

IMGP0017.jpg

IMGP0018.jpg

That's pretty slick. Did you bend that with your hands? If you did, buddy, oh, pal, let me know if I ever tick you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That's pretty slick. Did you bend that with your hands? If you did, buddy, oh, pal, let me know if I ever tick you off.
    I did bend the rebar by hand but it was red hot at the bend spot and cool enough at the legs to work with just thick work gloves. I used my sand pile forge to make the heat. I hope to show some pictures soon on how easy it is to set up a basic charcoal forge.

Man I'm stealing that idea. Very cool. And like the idea of cooking on the coals afterwards.

Pretty slick. I like it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Man I'm stealing that idea. Very cool. And like the idea of cooking on the coals afterwards.
    Yes please run with it, it works way to good to keep to myself. I also see it as a great way to cook when the power goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by DCorlando View Post
    Yes please run with it, it works way to good to keep to myself. I also see it as a great way to cook when the power goes out.
    That and we live off the grid up in the Southern Apps in the summer. Almost everything is cooked on open fire or charcoal. But I'll make one for FL too.