Thread: a stroll down memory lane

Default a stroll down memory lane

I was rummaging in the barn over the weekend and came across a tomahawk. I bought this hawk from oscar cronks trapping supply store back when I was a kid. It took a few months to get to me. I remember that wait after all these year. I was throwing it in the yard and it glanced off a tree. It went through my parents bedroom window ad landed on the bed, it looked like it belonged there. I zipped around to the front door and my Mom and Dad were talking about how wind shear busted the window. I fessed up, didn't even get in trouble. We got a piece of glass out of the barn and cut it to fit and then glazed it in.

anyhoo here it is

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Lol, I have the same. Got it when I was a kid too. 40 something years ago.

It's fascinating (and enjoyable) when an object or a smell brings memories flooding back.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That is very cool!!!
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

thanks for the comments, I think I;ll clean the head up a bit and make a new handle
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

IMG_0958.jpg

This is mine. I collected bottles and bought it from Herter's when I was in the third grade. I think it was around $7 - $8. "The Hudson Bay Axe" with a Collins head. I just put a couple of drops of linseed oil on the handle and look at it these days. I picked up the hatchet at a garage sale some time in the last 50 years. Head made in Sweeden (2 1/2 #).

IMG_0961.jpg

This is my every day chopping stuff around the house hatchet/axe. I found the head buried while building fence. I dressed it up and put an old cedar axe handle on it. Some one had used it pretty hard as a splitting wedge. It took a while to get the "pin" off the back of the blade.

I've got my dad's double bit axe (it was his dad's). I've got it put up right now. Same with it though. Linseed the handle and put it back up.

I looked up the Collins Co. I guess I never gave it much thought but the Axe business was probably a booming industry in the early 1800's.

https://connecticuthistory.org/world...any-of-canton/

Alan