Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: New knife

  1. #1
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    1,146

    Default New knife

    I got a local Knife maker to make a knife for me,
    Here is my impressions on it
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05


  2. #2
    Super Moderator crashdive123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Florida
    Posts
    43,427
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Nice knife. Hope it serves you well.
    Can't Means Won't

    My Youtube Channel

  3. #3
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Nice knife. Hope it serves you well.
    Thanks man, I hope so too.. Liking it a lot already so will see how it holds up.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

  4. #4
    Senior Member kyratshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    Posts
    9,820

    Default

    First you get an air gun and we have to worry about you shooting your eye out, now you buy a big knife and we have to worry about you cutting yourself. There seems to be a trend here.

    Were you a problem child?

  5. #5
    Administrator Rick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Posts
    56,745

    Default

    for God's sake don't run with it!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Goliad, Texas
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    First you get an air gun and we have to worry about you shooting your eye out, now you buy a big knife and we have to worry about you cutting yourself. There seems to be a trend here.

    Were you a problem child?
    He already cut himself with it, though it was just a nick.. Personally, I never really consider a knife my own until I have cut myself with it.

    I didn't know what the little cup thingy on the side was for until I watched the video. Now that's going to bother me until I get a knife with one of them on it.

    Nice knife Antony. I'm sure you'll put a few miles on it.

    Alan

  7. #7
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    First you get an air gun and we have to worry about you shooting your eye out, now you buy a big knife and we have to worry about you cutting yourself. There seems to be a trend here.

    Were you a problem child?
    whahahahaha, you bet I was
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

  8. #8
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    He already cut himself with it, though it was just a nick.. Personally, I never really consider a knife my own until I have cut myself with it.

    I didn't know what the little cup thingy on the side was for until I watched the video. Now that's going to bother me until I get a knife with one of them on it.

    Nice knife Antony. I'm sure you'll put a few miles on it.

    Alan
    True, that is said about knives here too..
    Yeah Bow drill diviot/socket.
    It helps a lot
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

  9. #9

    Default

    That's a beauty, Antony! Congrats.
    Last edited by Phaedrus; 05-10-2018 at 04:16 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    That's a beauty, Antony! Congrats.
    Thanks Man!
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

  11. #11
    Senior Member kyratshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe
    Posts
    9,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    I didn't know what the little cup thingy on the side was for until I watched the video. Now that's going to bother me until I get a knife with one of them on it.

    Alan
    There was a guy over on the Hoodlums forum a few years back that was so into those fire spindle cups that he built a knife with the bearings from a roller skate wheel as a bearing socket.

    I always thought that one was way out there in dream land. How do you forget your Bic lighter enough times to justify that?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    There was a guy over on the Hoodlums forum a few years back that was so into those fire spindle cups that he built a knife with the bearings from a roller skate wheel as a bearing socket.

    I always thought that one was way out there in dream land. How do you forget your Bic lighter enough times to justify that?
    hahahah yeah well this one is just stainless steel machined diviot... Its useful If I really need it... also I teach A lot now too soo its useful to have a decent bearing block on you always
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Goliad, Texas
    Posts
    741

    Default

    I used to have tons of bics. In my stint as Asst. Principal, one of my duties was collecting smokables and associated paraphernalia. I would toss the smokes, turn the "green leafy substances" over to the authorities and throw the bics et al.. in a box. When I hung up my spurs I had enough bics to attract the attention of the BATFE. Slowly though, they have all gone the way of all disposable lighters.

    I have to buy my own bics now.

    Alan

  14. #14
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    I used to have tons of bics. In my stint as Asst. Principal, one of my duties was collecting smokables and associated paraphernalia. I would toss the smokes, turn the "green leafy substances" over to the authorities and throw the bics et al.. in a box. When I hung up my spurs I had enough bics to attract the attention of the BATFE. Slowly though, they have all gone the way of all disposable lighters.

    I have to buy my own bics now.

    Alan
    I am an authority :P hahahah
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

  15. #15
    Member DCorlando's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Orlando Florida
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    There was a guy over on the Hoodlums forum a few years back that was so into those fire spindle cups that he built a knife with the bearings from a roller skate wheel as a bearing socket.

    I always thought that one was way out there in dream land. How do you forget your Bic lighter enough times to justify that?
    I would agree the bearing is overkill but a nice light copper or bronze cup would be nice just in case. Might be able to fill it with bees wax so the handle has a normal contour, then if you ever needed to use it you could scrap out the excess, leave some for spindle lube and use some of the scraping for cord lube. Been using the beeswax on my bow drill and it really helps keep the cord in top shape.

  16. #16
    Member DCorlando's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Orlando Florida
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Very nice! I want to make one along those line but plan to use O1 or maybe 1095 high carbon steel so I have a backup flint striker.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    The stainless steel divot, is so smooth, it doesnt need any lube. (ok that sounds dodgey)
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

  18. #18

    Default

    Classic profile blade, custom fit handle, built to your specification, what's not to like? Handle looks like it would probably be very comfortable. I've commissioned two custom knives based upon my own design. It's fun seeing your idea come to life, isn't it?

  19. #19
    Senior Member Antonyraison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg South Africa
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theJman View Post
    Classic profile blade, custom fit handle, built to your specification, what's not to like? Handle looks like it would probably be very comfortable. I've commissioned two custom knives based upon my own design. It's fun seeing your idea come to life, isn't it?
    Indeed it is fun, but rewarding..
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

    (BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

  20. #20

    Default

    it looks great.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •