Thread: Unstable Atmosphere

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Unstable Atmosphere

I just looked up at the thermometer and saw that the temp has risen to 78 degrees.

That is scary right now since our atmosphere is very unstable at the moment. We have a system headed our way tonight and they were not thinking there would be much danger since the temps were remaining in the 50 degree range.

Warmer than normal temps start a lot of lift and get that twisting thing going.

Even in Malaysia over here, the sun seems to be getting nearer and nearer. The humidity is simply awful. Makes me wanna think about migrating to Alaska.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

How is everything now, kyrat?

We had 80 degrees yesterday afternoon, down to 30 this morning. Lots of tornado warnings, hail, high winds, but no damage at my place.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

And we are so much colder than normal here in central Wisconsin. Temperatures in the 30s for the rest of the week and over the weekend of Easter, normally in the mid 50s at this time.

And I should also mention just north of us they got 11 inches of snow and we received 8 inches ! Of course I love snow. Especially this time of year when I know it'll melt in a couple weeks.
    But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeePettimore View Post
    How is everything now, kyrat?

We had 80 degrees yesterday afternoon, down to 30 this morning. Lots of tornado warnings, hail, high winds, but no damage at my place.
    Exactly the same situation here.

Bad storms last night, hail, high winds, 2 inches of rain, tornado warnings.

Woke this am to 30 degree temps and here at noon is only 35 degrees after a high of 78 yesterday.

I have not seen any damage but have not been out this morning or checked the roof. I had to do a roof repair last week and I only patched the situation, thinking I will do a full rework of that area when warm weather arrives. Sometimes patches do not hold up well to 50 mph winds.

That line of storms is heading our way tonight. Not forecast to be too significant. It will drop the temps about 20 degrees (a very welcome event in my book), but won't last more than a day before we're back in the 80's.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Man Crash. We shoulda gone camping. The summer heat is nigh.

Summer heat. That's funny. We had snow today. They are calling for snow Friday night and Sunday night.

Snow yesterday, more expected tomorrow and Saturday.

The moron across the road was out mowing his lawn today.

There's one in every neighborhood.

If there isn't one in your neighborhood then you are probably it.

I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Ok, I went against my better instincts and did something I have never done before in all my days.

I went outside today and mowed the lawn while wearing a parka. It was 40 freekin' degrees!

The lawn actually did not need to be mowed. It was barely tall enough to mow and the mower blades barely touched it.

However, everyone else in the neighborhood has mowed their grass and mine was looking ragged.

If I did not do it today I would have to wait until the expected snow now in the forecast had melted, and I am sure the property values in the neighborhood would have gone down due to my negligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If there isn't one in your neighborhood then you are probably it.
    I'm trying to think of who it might be in my neighborhood. I gotta mow tomorrow though, and at the softball field too.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    I'm trying to think of who it might be in my neighborhood. I gotta mow tomorrow though, and at the softball field too.
    I often mention to this neighbor or that what an Ahole so and so is or what an arse Jimbob is just on the off chance that I might be "that" guy. With any luck I'll convince someone that it's someone else.

Well, I think it's Jimbob too...

Alan

Yep, Jimbob borrowed my electric hedge trimmers and I found them at the pawn shop.

Gotta be him!

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I just looked up at the thermometer and saw that the temp has risen to 78 degrees.

That is scary right now since our atmosphere is very unstable at the moment. We have a system headed our way tonight and they were not thinking there would be much danger since the temps were remaining in the 50 degree range.

Warmer than normal temps start a lot of lift and get that twisting thing going.
    Humidity is rising (uh rising), barometer's getting low (oh low, girl)
    According to all sources (what sources now), the street's the place to go (we better hurry up)
    'Cause tonight for the first time (first time)
    Just about half-past ten (half past ten)
    For the first time in history
    It's gonna start raining......

I could not help myself whahahah I am in an odd mood I think I lost it, must be the work.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05