Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total bag weight...

Anthony, you make a good point about water. I usually carry around a liter myself, but keep the ability to carry two. I often plan my trips around water sources to gulp a bunch down while there and top of supplies. Water is the trickiest part of outdoor adventures.

The biggest offenders of excessive pack weight are excessive amounts of water and food, a fak that is way overboard, extensive cook kits, excessive liquids (guy carrying a case of beer over a 32 mile trek cones to mind), luxuries like chairs, and excessive amounts of tools.

Give me anyone's pack that weighs 50-75 lbs and I can easily remove 10-25 lbs just be taking out senseless items.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Anthony, you make a good point about water. I usually carry around a liter myself, but keep the ability to carry two. I often plan my trips around water sources to gulp a bunch down while there and top of supplies. Water is the trickiest part of outdoor adventures.

The biggest offenders of excessive pack weight are excessive amounts of water and food, a fak that is way overboard, extensive cook kits, excessive liquids (guy carrying a case of beer over a 32 mile trek cones to mind), luxuries like chairs, and excessive amounts of tools.

Give me anyone's pack that weighs 50-75 lbs and I can easily remove 10-25 lbs just be taking out senseless items.
    My priorities Always revolve around shelter, water , and fire.
    You can solve those three well you should make it at least 2-3 weeks.
    No water you be lucky to make a day or 2 ( they say 3, but you will feel it with in 24 hours to almost a point of not been able to function)
    I Have never gone anywhere with out at least 1 lt of water myself, and the ability to carry more (clear bags etc)
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Large bipedal Primate Billofthenorth's Avatar

Light is better but you can train yourself to carry a heavier pack. In fact, for conditioning you might want to carry a pack that is heavier than your actual BOB.
    My problem is I carry too much clothing and whatnot to keep me warm. I hate being cold, but I seldom need any of the extra kit, even in winter.
    If you think you'll be alone you'll carry all kinds of extra doodads that you might otherwise split up between several companions.