Thread: Hello from Georgia (USA)

Default Hello from Georgia (USA)

Hi,

Hello to everyone! 😀

Personal Stats:

Male
    Family Man
    Former boy scout and adult instructor in camping and wilderness survival in the nortb Georgia mountains.
    Current Professions:
    Current freelance instructor in wilderness survival, bushcraft, pioneering, knife sharpening and various other skills and crafts
    Freelance Bookkeeper
    Network Administration

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum. In my free time, I post videos to my YouTube channel: SurvivalGeek. They are survival and tech related.

I've always believed that survival and shtf situations can include primitive and the technological within that situation. To try to say that the situation will be only primitive is a bad way of thinking. Not only do we live in a world where technology is integrated in our daily lives, but modern science and chemistry is taught in our schools and colleges which defeats the concept of our world being primitive in a survival and/or survival situation. Lastly, we share a practice primitive and technological advances from primitive cultures around the world and through out our past history that makes us far more advanced than the stereotypical primitive scenarios that movies, entertainment and other people try to portray.

I base my YouTube channel: SurvivalGeek on this concept exploring products and outdoor skills that others can learn, use and benefit from. I hope to be able to learn from this forum and to help others learn from my knowledge and experience as well.

Currently, I don't earn any money from my YouTube or from any of the reviews that I do on my channel. I discuss content that helps (has helped) me and that I believe would help others.

Sincerely,
    Jacob
    SurvivalGeek
    Monday, March 19, 2018

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivalGeek View Post
    Hi,

Hello to everyone! 😀

Personal Stats:

Male
    Family Man
    Former boy scout and adult instructor in camping and wilderness survival in the nortb Georgia mountains.
    Current Professions:
    Current freelance instructor in wilderness survival, bushcraft, pioneering, knife sharpening and various other skills and crafts
    Freelance Bookkeeper
    Network Administration

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum. In my free time, I post videos to my YouTube channel: SurvivalGeek. They are survival and tech related.

I've always believed that survival and shtf situations can include primitive and the technological within that situation. To try to say that the situation will be only primitive is a bad way of thinking. Not only do we live in a world where technology is integrated in our daily lives, but modern science and chemistry is taught in our schools and colleges which defeats the concept of our world being primitive in a survival and/or survival situation. Lastly, we share a practice primitive and technological advances from primitive cultures around the world and through out our past history that makes us far more advanced than the stereotypical primitive scenarios that movies, entertainment and other people try to portray.

I base my YouTube channel: SurvivalGeek on this concept exploring products and outdoor skills that others can learn, use and benefit from. I hope to be able to learn from this forum and to help others learn from my knowledge and experience as well.

Currently, I don't earn any money from my YouTube or from any of the reviews that I do on my channel. I discuss content that helps (has helped) me and that I believe would help others.

Sincerely,
    Jacob
    SurvivalGeek
    Monday, March 19, 2018
    Welcome,
    You do pretty much exactly what I do
    except I am in southern Africa..
    I am also in wilderness survival training/instructing..
    and I work day to day in IT.
    I Have given you a sub to your youtube. Hoping to see what you can share with your experiences out that side and can learn from you also, hopefully something I can help teach you too
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05