Thread: Howdy folks.

Blog Entries

Default Howdy folks.

I just registered, left another forum due to rude gear snobs who can't seem to leave well enough alone.

Anyways, my name's Josh, I'm 26 and I've been studying and practicing survival for the last ten years going on eleven now. I'm also an avid air rifle shooter and hunter. I also enjoy other sports such as knife and tomahawk throwing, though I am by no means a professional in the sport.

I am also a practitioner of the old addage, "one is none, two is one" so I follow the plan of redundancy. The more you have the better chance you have to survive. I carry several knives, several fire starting implements, an air rifle to hunt small game as well as several regular mouse traps and a large rat trap. I also carry a few snare wires for trapping as well as a small bag oriented fishing kit with several yards of 20# test braided line and several lures as well as hooks and weights.

Well, I guess I'm rambling now. You'll learn more of what I carry as well as see what carry from my future posts.

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Welcome from Alaska. Some might get a touch "smarter then you" but mostly because they are smarter then me about those topics. Hhaha. Rudeness is kept pretty in check here. We are here to have a good time and share.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Welcome,
    I dont understand gear snobs... I try to be as minimalist as I possibly can.
    And further more I live in pretty much what most would like term a 3rd world place (not that I am poor..) but we dont get the gear most would out here and if we have available even about 10% of that its usually at least 3x the price over here than it would be elsewheres....

Gear is good, not an issue with that love it.. but survival is not always about what you have, but rather what you have between your ears ( a quote from one of my Friends whom is a fellow ranger)
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome home.

Welcome, you will like it , some good people hang out here.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the welcome folks, it's good to know there are good people here. I hope to learn while I'm here as well as teach. While I have many skills and a lot of knowledge, there is always something more to learn no matter how much you know.