Thread: School Shooting At My Kids School

Default School Shooting At My Kids School

The school shooting today was at the school my oldest son and daughter graduated from. One of the teachers shot was my daughters favorite and my neighbors son's teacher was killed.

Many of the kids sought refuge in my son's store and the media kept calling asking to speak to the kids. My son just told them that the kids were busy getting a hold of family and checking in. He then just hung up on the media.

This neighborhood is rated in the top 10 in the country as safe cities to live in. They won't take county money for parks because that would mean they would have to let "undesirables" use the parks.

The city I lived in when my kids went to that school had one of the highest rated law enforcement agencies in the country and was also one of the most desirable cities in the country to live in. Though, not like Parkland in its wealth.

GoadAmighty, Batch, that sure hits close to home. Has to be tough.
    What is your view about what, if anything, we should do?

Wow, very scary!

People need to realize that, even in "safe" communities, crises can happen anywhere and that safety is an illusion. I guess that, where it's expected less, the impact is going to be worse.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I believe we should go back and realistically look at each of these types of attacks and see what would have prevented it.

It seems most psychiatrists are saying that these are copy cat driven events. So how do you break the chain?

How about we start by not watching/clicking on the media stories about the killer.
    How about boycotting the advertisers that air/serve commercials during any broadcast or internet news story that features the killer or mentions them by name.
    How about we take down all the youtube videos devoted to these killers and their lives.
    Don't feed the beast that glorifies these criminals. They are seeking the "glory of being known." Don't give them that.
    These murderers are train wrecks we don't need to watch in the name of ratings.
    At worst, you're only aiding and abetting the next one.
    Yeah, like America can look away from a train wreck.

Batch, I'm really really sorry to hear about your daughter's and neighbor's favorite teachers. That right there is the real story in all this.
    Last edited by LowKey; 02-16-2018 at 01:38 AM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant