Thread: The perfect storm

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default The perfect storm

I saw this the other day. Consider that fact that we are not just talking about the Remington brand but also the Bushmaster, Marlins, and some other brands and lines we might not be aware are owned by the parent company. We have already lost H&R to this "management company".

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-r...e=businessNews

Isn't it odd that a pro-gun President hurts gun sales? No one is worried that new anti-gun laws are going to be enacted so no one is buying. Don't believe it? Just look at the prices of new weapons and ammo. They have never been lower. I hope these guys can pull their financial house in order. I'd hate to see them go the way of the condor for a whole lot of reasons.

Sorry to see this. I thought that Remington is the oldest USA gun company.

Remington just built a new manufacturing facility here a couple of years ago. I guess we can kiss all the money and tax breaks we gave them up front goodbye.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Maybe not. They are just filing for protection. With any luck they will be able to restructure their loans and stay in business.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

These big holding companies do that all the time, especially after product failures and large lawsuits.

No one knows how much Remington paid out in all the "bad trigger" on the M700 lawsuits, and there was the huge failure on the pistol roll out. And there was the fallout from the Sandy Hook incident, where a Bushmaster rifle was featured as if it were a co-conspirator.

And sales are not just down due to the pro-gun president, Remington has taken it on the chin with their problems with QC on the entire Marlin lineup for the past couple of years. The closure of the entire H&R line has also been bad PR from a large buying section of the sport.

I hope they can get reorganized, or at least splinter off some of the small segments to succeed on their own.

They gave Polaris similar deals when they came to town. Now we have Toyota/Mazda coming. Its getting crowded around here.

The only Remington I own is an older 11-87 .20 gauge. I did buy a Marlin lever gun a few years ago to replace a couple I had regrettably sold during a get out of debt plan years earlier. It was the big lever 30-30 with laminate stock. I checked out several before I found one with excellent fit and finish. I like it. It shoots accurately but the action hangs up during cocking sometimes. I hope the get their QC under control. I really can't blame them for wanting to get out of the northeast.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Freedom Group is wrecking the firearm industry!

I still love Remington! I know they've been poorly managed and their new guns aren't as well made as the old ones, but ahhh...those old ones! I took my first deer with a 700 BDL in thirty-ought-six maybe 35-38 years ago and it was such a beautiful rifle! The checkering was immaculate and the wood was beautifully figured. Dad had that gun up til about 10 years ago IIRC. The old 870 Wingmasters were also something to behold.

I hope Big Green can turn it around and salvage their core business.