Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: primal fitness

I'm only 65, but I use a pickup truck. Seems to work well.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, but I'm (fanfare....and wait for it...) Primally Fit (datda!) I also sweat a lot and me feet and back hurt. Primal fitness is for the birds...
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Balancing on two wheels? That would be parkour enough for me. I remember wiping out in gravel at 7 years old. No thank you.

Haha, my mountainbiking has devolved into, "Just keep both wheels on the ground."

Wow, Rick, that was not a positive part of my childhood. I'm amazed I still have skin.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Well, thank goodness that we all bounced pretty good as youngins. That's no longer the case for any of us.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Yeah, now that I'm older I get that 10=15 second pause between doing something stupid and the onset of pain to ponder, "oh, God, this is really gonna hurt." And is usually does. I stubbed my toe on the way back to bed the other night and I thought, "Dang, that's gonna hurt," followed by "Oh, crap, oh, crap." Followed by, "I'll clean up the blood in the morning and see if I can find the nail." I think the synapses get old too. We do stuff and they are like, "What's he done now?"

I don't worry about getting old any more... Sometimes I worry about not getting older...

Alan

It's just experience. Synapses get jaded.

It looks cool, but it's dangerous. I also thought about doing parkour, as my friend had been doing it for five years and had repeatedly suggested it to me. When I decided to get in shape, I still decided to go to the first training, but it was also the last because I broke my arm. It's important to me that all my body parts stay alive. I decided to look for some home fitness equipment to create spam. I found different and most importantly safe exercise machines that promote calorie burning in a sitting position. It remains only to choose which one is better. Which is important if you SPAM a lot.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 05-20-2021 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Idiot Spammer

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Just don't try to do parkour in the south, they won't tolerate it. I can hear the interview with the reporters now.

"Officers, what happened?"

"We looked over there and this somab!tch was bouncing off the rocks, climbing the walls and swinging around the light posts. Joe-Bob said he must be on drugs and I said that he better keep his krazyazz on the other side of the road. Well he jumped up and down a couple of times and took a runnin' start and wound up on Hilda Briggs front porch. Well he went up on one side and headed for the other and she caught him with a load of #6 shot out of her 16 gauge as he was going over the rail. Fortunately we was already there so she didn't have to call 911! He screamed something about "park our" and Joe-Bob said "park what? You ain't even driving". We told him around here you park on the road and keep off people's porches."
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 04-12-2021 at 12:56 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

LOL! I've never seen it in person. I've rock climbed. Threw my kayak in the water and jumped for it when the portage trail petered out. Ran like the dickens down a trail in the Smokies to make it out before dark. You know...real life stuff.

LOL. Yeah, approaching thunder storms will do that to you, too

The only time I went running down a trail was after I tripped. I scared the snot out of a snake as I went sailing past. Finally found a grapevine I could latch onto to slow things down. I vowed if that ever happened again I was going to carry an anchor tied to my pack. I'd just give it a toss and let it do its job.

I ignore most weather in Colorado, but not thunderstorms. I don't even want to contend with some of the hail we get out here.

When I look over my shoulder and see a huge black mass of clouds boiling out over the edge of the Rockies, I pick up my pace.

The last time (there have been a few), I was walking back from Morrison and was in the middle of the big open space at Bear Creek Lakes when I heard thunder. I turned around and saw the monster coming up fast behind me. The nearest shelter was the overlook on top of Mount Carbon. I got to the outhouse just before the windstorm got to me. The bathrooms were pretty sturdy (they call them "vault toilets" out here) but I was afraid the wind was going to blow them and me right off the top.

That's what the Duke Boys thought too. That methane is explosive.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Indeed it is.

I'll say the obvious.
    That's blowing the 3h1t out of it.

i'll say this about thunderstorms... We don't get near enough of them!

We don't need hail or methane explosions though...

Alan

You maybe interested in checking out our site. especially for some ladies out there we offering a one of a kind training exercise and SPAM SAMICHES. You can visit our website or our office we are open 24 hours. Please check SPAM FITNESS R US.
    Last edited by Rick; 10-04-2021 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Removed links