Thread: shrub

Default shrub

I made up a concoction that I read about called shrub. It's made from 1 part berries, 1 part honey and 1 part apple cider vinegar. The berries are mashed up and then it is all mixed together in a mason jar with lid. The whole mess is left on the counter top for about a week and given a shake every now and then. After the week is up, it is strained. A couple shots is added to a glass of club soda. It is pretty tasty. It is non-alcoholic. If my memory serves, shrub was a predecessor to soda pop.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

In the old days they used those vinegar mixes as refreshment. It was a better hydration aid than plain water.

Sometimes rum was added to the mix.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Never made or tried any shrub,,,,but did enjoy a "cherry bounce"....

Tart cherries are soaked in vodka creating a butt kicking.... cherry-infused liquor, also known as a cherry bounce.
    Folks wound mix a bit with 7-UP at Christmas....was about done about that time....form cherry picking time.

BTW had added a bit on vinegar to water in real hot weather...and does seem to go directly in to anti-thirst mode.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27