Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painful Screwed Up

Default Painful Screwed Up

It's been awhile guys, but I have a story. Recently it snowed big here in Tennessee and North Carolina. I was out in one of my family's cabins. Two days before the snow storm, I was outside in the woods. I was wearing to many layers and sweating. On top of that, the pants that I was wearing rubbed the inside of my thighs raw. i bathed that night, then went to bed.

The next day, I was out in the woods. I spent about 12 hours in the woods doing this and that. I did not bathe. Snow began to fall, and I was going to stick it out in the cabin.

Day of the snow, I pulled my pants down and the first thing I noticed was a smell that was like walking across a dead animal in the woods. The rash was bright red, I could see where it was infected. The snow was at least two inches and I had a front wheel drive car in the mountains. There was no way I could have gone to town or the doctor in the bigger town further away. I took a bath.

I looked through the bathroom and all I could find was a bottle of rubbing alcohol. I sat down in the bath tub and applied this rubbing alcohol to the infected part of my thighs from where my thighs met my pelvis to my knees with a washcloth. The burning was unimaginable. I had to stop multiple times to lay back and grimace so hard my face hurt. I can still feel that burn thinking about it.

The rash cleared up well enough by the time the snow did that I didn't have to see the doctor.

Edit: Moral of the Story - Bathe everyday
    Last edited by Adventure Wolf; 01-29-2018 at 08:20 PM.

That even hurts to hear about it......
    Monkey butte....
    https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/pr...=361437-308614

Kinda make you wonder how people went for months and years and you don't hear much abut it..

Maybe tougher back then?
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-29-2018 at 08:47 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

been there but the only thing I had was a alcohol based aftershave.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    That even hurts to hear about it......
    Monkey butte....
    https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/pr...=361437-308614

Kinda make you wonder how people went for months and years and you don't hear much abut it..

Maybe tougher back then?
    I don't know, but I failed to mention that I cleaned it twice a day for two days like that.

One day while fishing in the bay, I had pulled up on the bank and could see out in the marsh. There were pools out there and I could see redfish tailing in the shallow water. I pulled off my shoes and waded out there. I didn't catch any and so, started back. I didn't come back the way I went in and walked into an oyster bed. It was all I could do to keep from falling down (that would have been a catastrophe). I finally got back to the boat and my feet were shredded on the soles. I washed them out as good as I could with salt water and put my shoes back on to slow the bleeding. There had been reports of flesh eating bacteria in the area so I was a bit concerned. When I got back to the truck I broke out my bottle of rubbing alcohol and scrubbed the cuts out with a toothbrush. I can say wit all honesty that nothing before or since has been that painful. I have lower back issues that when they spasm will put me on the floor. It was more painful than that.

So, I know what you mean about the pain of alcohol in a tender area. But, my cuts healed remarkably quick and completely. So, if faced with similar circumstances in the future, I will use that method again.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    One day while fishing in the bay, I had pulled up on the bank and could see out in the marsh. There were pools out there and I could see redfish tailing in the shallow water. I pulled off my shoes and waded out there. I didn't catch any and so, started back. I didn't come back the way I went in and walked into an oyster bed. It was all I could do to keep from falling down (that would have been a catastrophe). I finally got back to the boat and my feet were shredded on the soles. I washed them out as good as I could with salt water and put my shoes back on to slow the bleeding. There had been reports of flesh eating bacteria in the area so I was a bit concerned. When I got back to the truck I broke out my bottle of rubbing alcohol and scrubbed the cuts out with a toothbrush. I can say wit all honesty that nothing before or since has been that painful. I have lower back issues that when they spasm will put me on the floor. It was more painful than that.

So, I know what you mean about the pain of alcohol in a tender area. But, my cuts healed remarkably quick and completely. So, if faced with similar circumstances in the future, I will use that method again.

Alan
    Gahhh!!!! Holy crap...

I use rubbing alcohol for chigger bites....some of which are in '''em....ah...That area".......that sting knda cancels out the itching....for a while

you dont have honey laying around? very good natural anti-biotic!
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Have you guys ever heard of antibiotic ointment? Just saying......I once had a cut and a bottle of alcohol. I just laughed and laughed and broke out the antibiotic ointment. No way in he]] I'm putting alcohol on stuff like that.

hahahaha... Failing the anti-biotic, clean the wound...
    Alcohol may help with that, but owch... that will be darn sore.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

It's fairly early as I sit here reading this. As I finished reading all of the posts thinking that I'm glad I never had to resort to a solution as described above, I noticed that my legs were clamped together tightly. Probably just a reflex action, but yeah it sounds painful.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I think A. W. And Alan were very lucky. I know rotten flesh smell means gangrene and oyster bed cuts are notorious for getting infected fast. Plus oyster cuts seem to hurt worse on their own, even without alcohol. Bare minimum, I carry triple antibiotic ointment, gauze, and athletic tape. But the bacteria are getting more and more tricky to treat.

I agree with antonyraison . Raw honey does wonders . The closest I have come to this was shreding an finger with a chainsaw . Bone was visible . Washed it out and wrapped it up . Got home and unwrapped it. Took off all dead tissue . Then soaked in colloidal silver for 5 min. After the soaking I would wrap it in a crushed comfrey leaf . Did this for 2 weeks . Healed up nicely, no cold or heat secitivity and full range of motion.
    Last edited by Fixit; 01-30-2018 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Misspell

Morel to this story....carry a flask good bourbon or whisky....medicinal purposes....and you can take a pull yo get by the sting.

BTW ...I don't know how I would like trying to walk in the bush with my crotch slathered up with honey?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I am not rubbing honey on my private bits while in the Smoky Mountains!

Ever hear the story of the mom that smeared honey on her little girl so she could take a picture while the bear licked it off?

Like a couple of the others here, I use antibiotic cream as a wonder cure. AB cream, alcohol, peroxide and Listerine will take care of 90% of what ails you. To that add Chloraseptic spray for a tingle of sore throat and Tylonol for light pain. Past that and you better get to the doctor.

And if you keep that stuff in the big FAK you have in the vehicle while traveling it will always be there for you.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

in a perfect world Doc Adams would come out and check me out but sometimes things are not so perfect.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I cannot imagine a world so imperfect that I could contemplate splashing alcohol on an open wound. I have to envision this balance scale in front of me with NEED on one side being very light and SCREAMING LIKE A LUNATIC on the other outweighing the sun on the other. For those that don't quite get the visual.....

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Anybody got any good Bactine stories?

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I am not rubbing honey on my private bits while in the Smoky Mountains!

I can barely get through a soda or sweet tea down here much less smearing actual honey on something. I'd never get rid of the bees then.

Bee's wax heated and mixed to a semi liquid state with mineral oil makes a great treatment for wooden spoons, kitchen knife handles and such. I get swarmed by bees every time I use it. Now I only use it at night and outside. The next day the bees are all over the place where I treated the utensils.

Smearing honey, uh, down there, would NOT be a good idea.

Alan

Staying at my grandfolks farm when I was a kid, if you got bite or stung you put Campho-phenique on it. If you got cut, you dipped the little stick in the bottle and put Mercurochome on it. Then blow like crazy.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.