Thread: Picking out firearms for our Ducks Unlimited Dinner

Default Picking out firearms for our Ducks Unlimited Dinner

Spent last evening planning and picking prizes for the different events for our March Duck Unlimited Dinner.

We get flyers from many of the manufacturers ...along with discount price lists.

As many people already have rifles and shotguns we try to find something different,... with a little bling....

Ruger...
    Check this out, we ordered a couple of these....seem pretty cool to me...
    Would you buy a $20 buck raffle ticket ?....LOL

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

https://www.ruger.com/products/markI...ets/43915.html
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

For organizations like DU, my shooting club, my reenactment clubs and such I buy the tickets just to support the organization.

Got some nice camo seat covers in the truck and a nice Hornady reloading manual and only paid a couple of thousand dollars for them!

Worth every penny too.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Heck yeah. I especially like the porting. I guess it will help subdue the hard hitting recoil of the 22, which of course, depending on which forum you are on will take any large game in North America. It's all about shot placement. Must be true since its on the internet.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

This color matches my shoes....and all about presentation.....

I don't really want to talk about all of MY "well spent money" that has gone to DU .....my favorite organization.....LOL ......Beats spending on cigarettes by a long shot.

True, if I had a ll the money I spent (and will spend)..I could buy whatever I wanted.....
    And I have to say that I have "won" my share of prizes, raffles and auctions... ...I don't know why they say "win an auction"....you just spend more money.

As a committee our job is trying to figure out how to get your money, out of your pocket...LOL
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-26-2018 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter
    As a committee our job is trying to figure out how to get your money, out of your pocket

There are just way too many people in this world whose task is focused on poor little ole me. You guys need paint that laser on someone else.

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

Oh Heck YES ! I hope I can convince my committee to get one o more for our banquet. With the threaded barrel end, I can use the suppressor I won at an earlier banquet. In fact, if you would be so kind as to buy a ticket for me , I will send you the money by US Mail.
    Geezer Squad #2

Quote Originally Posted by Old Professor View Post
    Oh Heck YES ! I hope I can convince my committee to get one o more for our banquet. With the threaded barrel end, I can use the suppressor I won at an earlier banquet. In fact, if you would be so kind as to buy a ticket for me , I will send you the money by US Mail.
    I would have to win it....., then register it,... have my FFL ship it to your FFL......LOL... Nope sorry.
    Best bet...go to your LGS and have the order one for you.