Thread: Pawpaw...It snowed?

Default Pawpaw...It snowed?

Grandson called today no school.... most of Shaversport/Bossier City shut down....
    2" of snow and cold.....
    Ask him if he was gonna help Mon shovel snow.......
    He said "What?....Ha, ha, ha.....we don't have a snow shovel"
    Gonna make a snowman....."

He asked if we had snow...."Told him,.. Yes about 6 inches....."
    "Are your schools closed, too?

Told him ..."No, it's just Tuesday here......."

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story...ow/1036127001/
    Last edited by hunter63; 01-16-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

you should bring the grandson to stay with you for a while.
    He can learn what a Wisconsin winter is like.

Quote Originally Posted by Faiaoga View Post
    you should bring the grandson to stay with you for a while.
    He can learn what a Wisconsin winter is like.
    That would be fun.....seems like life gets in the way with school DD work....you know ...stuff.
    They will be visiting at Easter Break ...gonna head to to the cabin for a week or so.

In the past we would spend several weeks over the winter.
    Just getting harder to pack up and go for 1100 mile these days.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

wow... ummm I think I have seen snow twice in my life, its probably snowed out here maybe 3x maximum in like recent history...
    Sure there are isolated places here In southern Africa, where we see snow fall, such as Lesotho, parts of the Cape, and Drankensburg.. but for the most part... it doesn't snow ever..
    and if it where... it likely to be around an inch at the very most... (well this is excluding the areas I listed that do time from time get Cold enough to snow...)
    Here its like a miricale if it snows, place goes mad and no-one knows what to actually do.
    We more likely to close down schools when its too hot, that happened a lot when I grew up, soon as it starts hitting like 40c well they kind of usher you out side and no classes are given at all.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Snow is sorta rare in the southeast US, too, but not because it doesn't get cold enough. It's more likely to start raining before it gets cold so that snow doesn't get a chance to form. If anything, we would get ice. But that's sorta cyclic and it looks like they're in a snow cycle this year. When I was a kid, we'd get at least one good snow every year.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.