Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get on History Channel's Alone Season 6

Makery and Mischief

Default How to get on History Channel's Alone Season 6

This is an extended cut of the interview i did with Aaron Phillips on his Life Survival show about how to get on History Channel's Alone Season 6 . This also apply to how to get on Discover channels naked and afraid. From first contact with the casting directors and how to make a casting video to how to win the harts of the producers. Good luck guys You win and your will have to go up against me on All-Stars some day !!!! Fell free to ask me any more question you may have bout how to get on the show.

Video Link>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw0r...ZjtkECKBy0hiSg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Maybe one day Fowler I simply cannot give up my normal life for the amount of time one needs to set aside for this.. Bills must be paid family must come 1st.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Makery and Mischief

There is a weekly stipend thats more then enough to cover your time away even if you don't win !!

It's good to have some inside advice....
    Lots of people coming thru for time to time to time....that advice will be helpful.
    Thanks for posting.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Are we talking real world survival or survival as entertainment/competitive sporting event? There is a world of difference between the situation faced by the Kim family versus competing in a rough camping situation where, when you are not having fun anymore or you perchance get into real trouble, you can just push a button and solve the problem.

I have never experienced a long term survival situation, although I have gone through some unplanned nights and a few days where I was completely dependent on my own resources. I have also picked up the pieces from some survival situations that did not end well.

The pseudo-survival, Alone!, playground, made for TV stuff, is just a load of crap. It has only a passing resemblance to legitimate survival situations, which do not come with a weekly paycheck....

Makery and Mischief

Quote Originally Posted by hikermor View Post
    Are we talking real world survival or survival as entertainment/competitive sporting event? There is a world of difference between the situation faced by the Kim family versus competing in a rough camping situation where, when you are not having fun anymore or you perchance get into real trouble, you can just push a button and solve the problem.

I have never experienced a long term survival situation, although I have gone through some unplanned nights and a few days where I was completely dependent on my own resources. I have also picked up the pieces from some survival situations that did not end well.

The pseudo-survival, Alone!, playground, made for TV stuff, is just a load of crap. It has only a passing resemblance to legitimate survival situations, which do not come with a weekly paycheck....
    Alone is so much more real then just survival not only are you actual alone but you are limited to 10 itam and an area not of your choosing and you have to film for at least 40 hrs a week while trying to survive on top of Everything else. There is no Camera crew Steel snacks from We've bear grills doesYou're on your own. And paycheck or not money means very little Well you're spending 87 days alone Eating only 63 Fish two birds A couple cups of dandelion root and Grubbs And wishing you had a pizza. Just because production Dramatizes the footage that we hand over to them Doesn't mean it's not as real as it Could ever be. And fun as heck and i didn't even have to get naked :0

Well....You could have if you wanted to. You were doing the filming. All you had to do was turn the camera off and run willy nilly through the woods. Probably a regret that needs to go unmentioned though.

I believe it to be as close as to a real situation as one could likely be in, with out really accidentally being in one.
    Anyone that is saying its all for show or whatever well I suppose there is a point for entertainment, but its certainly not a joke.
    I have a lot of respect for you guys from alone.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

As much as I would jump at the opportunity to be on Alone, my first priorities are family, income. I’m also confident my employer would not allow the required time off. That being said if anyone doesn’t have the above responsibilities then I say go for it in a heartbeat. I’ll settle for my goal to complete the Appalachian Trail at retirement. I’ve worked towards building my stamina on hiking excursions for years
    Last edited by Graf; 01-31-2018 at 02:51 AM.
    Semper Paratus

Of all of the "survival" shows, I believe Alone to be the one that puts participants into a survival situation much more than the others.

There are two factors that I think play the biggest role on the show for contestants leaving early. One is being truly alone. A lot of people have not experienced that for an extended period. The other is distraction. Not many people are used to filming and narrating their activities. It seems (to me) that many of the injuries experienced may have been caused by the distraction of filming and narrating.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Default Not so Alone...

You are limited to ten items of your choosing plus a basic kit and you get regular medical checkups (per Wikipedia). And when you are no longer having fun, you just pic up your sat phone and call the enterprise off? Not exactly like real survival. More like rough, expedient camping.

Consider the case of Poon Lim, the sole survivor of a British ship torpedoed in WWII. He drifted alone of a raft for 133 days, picked up at last in fairly good condition. He was fortunate in that the raft he found after being in the water did have some water and rations, but he had to catch fish and at one point drank shark blood in order to survive. But he didn't have to run a camera, thank goodness.

The essence is not having a guaranteed outcome in 'real" survival. The "Alone" game makes for good entertainment, and it has its challenges, but you also have your handy dandy sat phone. There is just no comparison.

You are limited to ten items of your choosing plus a basic kit and you get regular medical checkups (per Wikipedia). And when you are no longer having fun, you just pic up your sat phone and call the enterprise off? Not exactly like real survival. More like rough, expedient camping.

Consider the case of Poon Lim, the sole survivor of a British ship torpedoed in WWII. He drifted alone of a raft for 133 days, picked up at last in fairly good condition. He was fortunate in that the raft he found after being in the water did have some water and rations, but he had to catch fish and at one point drank shark blood in order to survive. But he didn't have to run a camera, thank goodness.

The essence is not having a guaranteed outcome in 'real" survival. The "Alone" game makes for good entertainment, and it has its challenges, but you also have your handy dandy sat phone. There is just no comparison.
    That's an opinion....
    You can easily solve the "fake show"

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Default Exactly

I use that a lot - never watch "Alone." I have more challenging projects and trips to undertake.

The same can be done with threads that you don't care for.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Kind of harsh! Hikermor is somewhat beyond the "duffer" stage when it comes to the woods. He was a salty dog before I was born! Yet he's still far less curmudgeonly that most of you folks! Certainly he's not as hard on the show as some other members here. Speaking for myself I like some elements and dislike others. While it's cool to see some beautiful woods and some skills in use it's hard to get past the game-show/reality show element of it. Some of the contestants don't seem to have much business being out there at all! Others I kind of felt bad for. For example Joe Robinet seems like a pretty decent guy with reasonable woods skills. But the game show element seemed to have overwhelmed him. Certainly Les Stroud talked about how much harder it was to shoot a program while you're trying to stay alive!

I use that a lot - never watch "Alone." I have more challenging projects and trips to undertake.
    well then please do share the video of these experiences.

For all intents and purposes, most of us guys do carry kit with us... in the car, in a bag, in our pockets, at home..etc. However if One is likely going to find ones self all of a sudden kidnapped and left in the middle of nowhere well now that maybe a different story I suppose.... however you still going to find a lot of rubish and debris in even very isolated places and do something with that I suppose.
    The point is this is a T.V show, there are liability issues, and I really don't think they want huge law suits, so well you Do have a sat phone to tap out.. you do get medical checks.. That part seems fairly obvious as to why that must be.
    10 items in the bush might sound like a lot, but it really is not.
    anyway... I still find this show to be fairly good, and pretty close to a modern situation one may find ones self in...
    but your welcome to your views..
    I just want to See what it is you can do with a typical 10 piece kit in a bear/wolf infested place alone for months.. and video that..

Most the other guys here seemingly agree with me, why? cause I assume they actually have tried similar things and know its really not that easy.
    just my 2 cents.
    your welcome to your opinion though.

I think what we have here is called the dunning-Kruger effect going on here.
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 02-01-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Kind of harsh! Hikermor is somewhat beyond the "duffer" stage when it comes to the woods. He was a salty dog before I was born! Yet he's still far less curmudgeonly that most of you folks! Certainly he's not as hard on the show as some other members here. Speaking for myself I like some elements and dislike others. While it's cool to see some beautiful woods and some skills in use it's hard to get past the game-show/reality show element of it. Some of the contestants don't seem to have much business being out there at all! Others I kind of felt bad for. For example Joe Robinet seems like a pretty decent guy with reasonable woods skills. But the game show element seemed to have overwhelmed him. Certainly Les Stroud talked about how much harder it was to shoot a program while you're trying to stay alive!

whahahahahah. mmmeeeeh He just is coming across like an 17 year old that once read an article in a magazine about wilderness survival, and seems to be the expert all of a sudden, I heard he was on the beach of Normandy also..

And there we have the answer... you haven't experienced a long term "survival" situation. I don't feel the show is at all a load of crap, its a real wild place, you really are alone, you really have to plan and secure various things to ensure a long stay.. sounds like survival to me...

What would you prefer, the darn hunger games? I am not entirely certain. what exactly you trying to say...
    Look its fairly obvious to 99% This is a TV show contestants going up against others, in a wilderness "survival"/home steading challenge with a 10 piece kit. IF you or anyone actually wanted to do this, they better be well practiced in wilderness survival and outdoor living and have a lot of knowledge about the out doors. Its a very entertaining Show to watch a lot can be learnt from it.
    Last edited by Antonyraison; 02-01-2018 at 08:06 AM.

From the sound of it, the trips are likely to the grocery store.