Thread: Prepping and Survival....ATM

Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Ya know if you watch cops, criminals will face tazing even gunshot before they face the dog. I think it's a fine idea.

One of our friends is a "peace and love" kinda girl and is scared to death of guns. But Buddy is a 100 lb + Pit/Great Dane mix. She is much better off with him than a gun she is scared of.

Good idea. Except maybe the first chick. Those dogs might eat her. Better off with the German shepherds.

Don't say it.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Yeah I know..."Women" can't handle dogs like that....some say.....

Looked pretty well trained to me.

I was referring to the breed as the problem, man or woman as the owner.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Neither of those girls will be the subject of unwanted advances.

Alan

That ain't sayin' much. Neither will I. I don't even own a dog.

I think those dogs are just waiting for her to take out money....Then eat them?

Pits get a bad rap they don't deserve even though I think those are staffordshires instead of pits. They are smart, loyal and protect what's theirs. Bad owners are what make them mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Manwithnoname View Post
    Pits get a bad rap they don't deserve even though I think those are staffordshires instead of pits. They are smart, loyal and protect what's theirs. Bad owners are what make them mean.
    There have been quite a few stories about pit bulls that were not trained to be vicious, that have suddenly bit someone and caused serious injury, or death. A local radio host would periodically do a show about them. On one occasion, a lady called in and defended pits. On a later show she called in about how their pit had bitten her grandson on the head and killed him.

When you hear about a pit mauling someone, I think that's a "nurture" issue. Bites are a "nature" issue. That's what they are bred for. Dobermans, too. I'm sure there are plenty pit bulls that will never bite their owners, but it's still a gamble. Even if it's not a high probability, it's high consequence. There are plenty big, strong breeds out there that aren't a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    " ... One of our friends is a "peace and love" kinda girl and is scared to death of guns. But Buddy is a 100 lb + Pit/Great Dane mix. She is much better off with him than a gun she is scared of.
    Strange, she is so frightened of an inanimate object but keeps around a living creature that well could without warning -- for whatever unknown reason -- turn on her and either seriously injure her or kill her ... or do the same to some innocent person.

I suggest some professional counseling for the young lady.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Yeah Seniorman, she will never budge from her fear of guns and her "save the poor animals". Buddy got thrown out of doggy day care because he dominated all the other dogs and scared the staff. She was heartbroken. Buddy reads body language and tone of voice very well. We get along fine. He started pawing Max (domination) and Max quickly put him in his place. End of conflict. Simple case of poor training with lack of socialization. OK. maybe a little breed instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I'm sure there's some gir.... uh... wome....er... uh ... females out there that would make unwanted advances toward you, in fact they would probably all not want to come to think of it...

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Heeeeeey!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I think that took a wrong turn someplace.

I think it's Love at first bite!

Alan