Thread: So...will this affect getting my morning coffee?

Default So...will this affect getting my morning coffee?

https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=I...ores&FORM=EWRE

This isn't really anything new....local packing plant used to get raided about once year.....
    New was a news story then?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Many moons ago I had a job that had me in w. Kansas for at least a week monthly. It was a common occurrence for some of the smaller schools around the beef plants to close for a day or two because of a tip INS was going to raid one of the plants. They wouldnt show up to work, kept their kids home, etc. Nope, nothing new, just not too damn enforced over the last 8yrs.

It's too sad to be funny but just about everywhere has transient farm workers. I have never seen them bothered during harvest season. Never. Once the harvest has ended look out.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

A nationwide sweep of hundreds of stores netted only 20-something illegals.

By tradition convenience stores employ South Asian immigrants, not Mexican workers. Most of them are legal so their sweep did not do much. Just because a guy has an accent does not make him illegal.

They could snag more than 20 illegals from the parking lot of Lowes or Home Depot on any morning at any place in the nation, offering themselves as day laborers.

Apparently they went after a store chain because some "Beltway" official heard an accent from behind the register on each visit and assumed the organization was hiring anyone that walked in the door.

And many of these nationwide "chains" are franchise operations and each store is independently owned with no corporate oversight of personnel. All they do is sell you slurpy cups and a sign for the front.

About the only raids we heard about for the past 8 years was the big Tysons' plants and the real scream was about them paying less than minimum wage more than using illegals.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 01-11-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Being aware of migrants ..."The Place' being in prime apple orchard country......they come thru every year..and well as the packing plants.

I didn't think that a story like this deserves major coverage....Oh well.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Yeah, 'security theater'. Some uptight legislator wants to look 'tough on immigration'.