Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seriously? Another one?

It helps your chances for survival if you don't mind eating garbage and sleeping in trees.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    It helps your chances for survival if you don't mind eating garbage and sleeping in trees.

Alan
    You talking about Bear Grylls ?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

He should do a show where he takes a monkey with him. They could drink their own or each other's pee and throw feces out of the trees too.

Alan

BG would jump off a cliff into a river and the monkey would be like "Whaaaaaa?"

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    BG would jump off a cliff into a river and the monkey would be like "Whaaaaaa?"

Alan
    Bhohahahaha..Kinda where my thoughts are as well....

Few years back...2002 ....guy brought 32 feral hogs from Texas for his "game farm....."was gonna charge people to hunt them.
    Was about 5 mile down river from "The Place"

Had a small Elk farm, but was using state refuge land as well.

DNR says .."No, you have to catch them and take them back"
    Guy said "Sure, OK...But they escaped...Whoops

Was arrested, fined like 100K... plus damages for the local farmers
    You don't mess with the DNR.....
    Not sure if he ever went to jail....but hightailed it back to Texas...
    Was cleared in 2008....so 6 years of court

That was about 15 years ago....haven't heard much about them lately.....

He probably would have gotten the same reaction here. There's a lot that can be overlooked in a man's character before he goes turning loose hogs, wild, feral, or otherwise.

Alan

There are two things you can't get away with doing dirty. The DNR and women. Somtimes women.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Yup. Those FL disease ridden pests need to be shot and their bodies cremated. And I like animals.

BUT. "They" have tried this eradication before. The animal lovers howled with no effect. And the eradication effort failed dismally.
    If it is not indegenous, and causing huge issues... then The animal lovers should see the bigger picture of the effect on the environment it has just being there.
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Quote Originally Posted by Antonyraison View Post
    If it is not indegenous, and causing huge issues... then The animal lovers should see the bigger picture of the effect on the environment it has just being there.
    But...They are soooo cute.....

No doubt all of us here are animal lovers but big huge difference between us and the Peta types that would raise hell over a loose tiger in downtown eating everyone being killed. The monkeys and pythons down there need to be irradicated.

No, the big difference is that PETA does more harm than good. A bunch of the idiots once turned a restaurant's stock of lobsters free....into the nearest freshwater river.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

I'll bet that went over well. Little lobster voices screaming "Help me!" from their fresh watery graves. Sort of sounded like Clickety click click but you know what I mean.

I remember that. I picture a buncha skinny men with beards and manbuns and hairy pit women with no bras yelling "FREE THE LOBSTERS!"

Good thing I wasn't there. I'd have heard FREE LOBSTERS and I'd have been line for the meal. Probably got arrested just trying to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Does anyone know how they got loose? I find it interesting that a mammal that size is able to acclimate to an area and thrive so readily. They seem to do a much better job than we would do if we were forced into a similar situation. We have all these silly survival shows and these monkeys do it with nothing at all but instinct.
    They escaped one or two at a time into the swamp from a Chimpanzee Research Facility in the 1950's. Basically a breeding facility that would raise them for research. Then when they were loading them for transport a craft one or two would get out.

You can google and see videos and articles about them. They really haven't posed a problem so far.

even these types of monkies, in their natural environment are pests, as people want to feed them.. saw this a lot in Richards bay when I stayed there, people visiting on holiday from inland would find them cute stop cars feed them... the monkies would be come used to humans, get into peoples houses and cause a rukus..
    My youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ultsmackdown Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/antonyraison/

(BOSWA) ELITE SURVIVAL RANGER - BSR/16/05

Hmm can't catch them and send them back to India & China? Would someone have a problem with that? You bet.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by WolfVanZandt View Post
    No, the big difference is that PETA does more harm than good. A bunch of the idiots once turned a restaurant's stock of lobsters free....into the nearest freshwater river.
    Peta has done far more than that. The main office in Manhattan was infested with rats. It was a hell of a clean up. Peta is a world wide organization that has committed murder and mayhem throughout the world when it comes to our food, clothing and saftey

Here is the book "Terrorism, Radicalism, and Populism in Agriculture"

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...nimals/254130/

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/04/09/...ginia-shelter/
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

We had a similar situation up here on lake Superior/ Point Abby Peninsula north of L'Anse, with hogs getting out of a "hunting preserve". The owner had a nine mile long, 10 ft high stock fence erected around the property and turned loose wild boar inside the fence. Along came a high windy day (not uncommon on the south shore of Superior) and a number of trees fell across the fence and the hogs escaped! Local residents were not happy, to say the least (nor was the DNR).
    The County Law Boys issued a Three S" (shoot, shovel &shut up) To make a long story short, A land conservation organization that I am a board member with, now owns the property. Now we are being pressed by the DNR to remove that 9 mile fence. The estimated removal cost is in excess of one hundred grand.
    The fence blocks the traditional winter deer migration route, which is why the DNR wants the fence removed.
    Geezer Squad #2

They (the government) should offer to remove it - after all they have plenty of money to build walls. No wait - they wanted Mexico to pay for that one. My bad.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.