Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your new years' resolutions?

Default What's your new years' resolutions?

Last year I built a cabin on some remote piece of land I have. It was a great experience, because I never did something similar before. Many challenges and a lot of frustrating moments I will add some pics here when I'll download them on the PC.

This year I'm planning to work on a DIY solar project with thin-film panels and a battery for the cabin and live there for 6 months, maybe 1 year (starting from the summer). Solar energy is really amazing. One day I hope to power my house with renewable energy, but not possible now...still too expensive. I have a portable solar charger and a battery bank to charge my phone and I'm using it every time I'm out there in the woods. Do you guys have one?

Another thing I have planned for 2018 is to start writing a book. I don't have a name for it yet, but it will be about the importance of being connected with nature. So many people lost the connection with mother nature and that's sad...I hope my book will be a good reminder for those who lost their bond with the forest...

What are your resolutions for this year?

Geezers New Year's Resolutions are all made by other people....Mostly wives and doctors. .....and having to do with acting your age.

I don't have to come up with anything to give up....they will tell you.

Most anything else ....Like the normal...This year I gonna do "whatever"....has come down to "Do I really want to do this"....and/or "Am I able to do this"....as there is a big dose of 'been there done that"

My resolutions come down to resolving to be here next year......and not worry about stuff it too much.

Sounds like you are off to a good start....keep that dream ...do what you can as soon as you can.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Time to quit smoking. I'm starting Chantix in March. Wish those around me good luck!
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Time to quit smoking. I'm starting Chantix in March. Wish those around me good luck!
    You can do it......
    Then start planning on how to spend the money you are going to save on smokes and Dr. appointments

I made a resolution not to make any resolutions. Oh, crap. Broke that one already.

I resolved to eat more Chinese food. I really neglected it in 2017.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Geezers New Year's Resolutions are all made by other people....Mostly wives and doctors. .....and having to do with acting your age.

I don't have to come up with anything to give up....they will tell you.

Most anything else ....Like the normal...This year I gonna do "whatever"....has come down to "Do I really want to do this"....and/or "Am I able to do this"....as there is a big dose of 'been there done that"

My resolutions come down to resolving to be here next year......and not worry about stuff it too much.

Sounds like you are off to a good start....keep that dream ...do what you can as soon as you can.
    The universal geezer New Year's Resolution. The older we get the closer to perfect we are!

Quit smoking? Go that covered during the last heart attack.

Lose weight? Came automatically with the "stay alive till next year heart healthy diet". Lost 25 pounds and have 25 to go. Living the high life on 1500 calories daily.

Get more exercise? That one came along with the diabetic lifestyle requirement, along with cut down on fats, sugar and carbs. Doing 12 miles daily on the stationary bike.

Work harder? Nope, I replaced that one with fish more, hunt more, and go to the range once each week. It is part of the mandatory stress reduction program.

Cut back on alcohol? Has never been a problem. I am not a beer drinker and only indulge in the hard stuff a couple of times a year.

My biggie resolutions now seem to be "don't drive with the turn signal on", remembering what I came in here for, realizing my glasses are already on my face and not telling the same story to the same people twice in one day!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Here, here....wise and worthy goals.....

I'm pretty certain turn signals were placed on mirrors because engineers got tired of driving behinds keezers with their turn signals on.

"I'm gonna put the @#$Q# things where they have to see them!"

Mirrors? I have enough trouble seeing where I'm going.....where I've been???? Nah.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

That's how they knew when John Glenn went back into space at 77 years old.......The space shuttle circling the earth for 9 days......with the left directional flashing......
    Just tell them you are an astronaut.

Now that's funny. Probably true, too. I figure...what do these people have to complain about if I don't leave my turn signal on?

I hereby resolve .... I won't eat any FRUITCAKE!
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

The Keweenaw Peninsula of upper Michigan, about the middle of the south shore of Lake Superior

I have never been too much of a fan of making New Years Resolutions, I never take them seriously !! This year will be different **** The first resolution, which I have already made good progress on, is to pay off all my credit cards and loans. This resolution is driven by (1 )my family pressuring me to go in to a senior living facility, and (2) seriously deteriorating health issues driven by falling and hitting my head (good thing I have a hard head). I tripped and fell going in to the bank last week and REALLY RANG my bell! Got a good concussion out of that fall. (3) A desire to earn my ham radio license.
    Quite a few years back, when I was still teaching, I started to write a book (tentative title : Education of a Hunter) about my outdoor experiences. I think I should finish that project ! And finally, get back into hand gun hunting and take a black bear with a .44 Mag.
    Geezer Squad #2

I want to grow my business, eventually stop being a part of the day-to-day management of the business, and watch more of my nephew and son's soccer games while enjoying a beer.

I'm just a stupid spammer and have absolutely no sense of how to market my business. And not that it matters, but I am in Australia. I know that most of you thought we were a bit smarter down under............you were wrong.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 02-17-2019 at 09:52 PM.

I'm going to open necro-threads in Feb. for New Years.

And then get banned so folks can poke fun at my miserable Aussie hide. G'day mate.

And Crash throws another spammer on the Barbie.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Ah, Barbie. She was a doll.

Wait..........ken you say that again?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel