Thread: Rugers new PC carbine.

Default Rugers new PC carbine.

Hey all, been awhile.
    I saw this on the interwebs today, brand new off the Ruger press! Some of you will hate it, others will see it's merit. I like the concept but will hold off till it's available in stainless.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...c-carbine-9mm/

The Ruger pattern in recent memory has been to release a basic model and then expand it as the market proves to support it. I would not be surprised to see it eventually in .45 or maybe even 10mm. I like the takedown feature, kind of harkening back to the old takedown Winchester 94 trappers model.
    The modularity of the magwell will probably spark a new aftermarket industry, espicially if the rifle proves to be popular. IMO the guy at Ruger who decided to make it Glock compatible needs a kiss on the mouth.
    Last edited by alaskabushman; 12-31-2017 at 01:14 AM.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

It's hideous looking but if it runs well it will look better and better with time. Looks like a handy little carbine for backpacking or camping, plinking or home defense. Not overly tactical looking and probably 50-state legal. Could be a big hit.

Glad to see you back!! It looks like a Kel-Tec knock off.

Good luck finding one. Out of stock at Bud's and Allocated at GoG's.
    I can see the appeal of this one for those who liked the idea of the Keltec 9mm carbine but didnt want a Keltec:
    Shoots 9mm like a Keltec but it's not a Keltec.
    Has interchangeable mag wells that accept SR pistol mags, Security-9 mags, Glock mags ( Except for the G43 I suppose)and an optional mag well for the American Pistol.
    Left or right hand charging handle. Comes with the tools change it.
    And it is a take-down type rifle with a mechanism similar to the 10-22 take-down model.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Glad to see you back!! It looks like a Kel-Tec knock off.
    Yeah, it's been an EXTREMELY busy year, but it's finally winding down. I've seen several people compare it to the Kel-tec, and that's natural since the Kel-tec has been on the market for several years now. However, Ruger made the "Police Carbine" long before Kel-tec came onto the scene. This new version of the older gun has several updats/upgrades, but looks very similar to the original carbine.

Good luck finding one. Out of stock at Bud's and Allocated at GoG's.
    I can see the appeal of this one for those who liked the idea of the Keltec 9mm carbine but didnt want a Keltec:
    Shoots 9mm like a Keltec but it's not a Keltec.
    Has interchangeable mag wells that accept SR pistol mags, Security-9 mags, Glock mags ( Except for the G43 I suppose)and an optional mag well for the American Pistol.
    Left or right hand charging handle. Comes with the tools change it.
    And it is a take-down type rifle with a mechanism similar to the 10-22 take-down model
    No doubt, finding one right now will be spotty at best. New Ruger products have a tendancy to be initially popular. I know, I happened to grab up an LCR back in 2009 when they were still very hard to find.
    Like I mentioned above, this is not a Kel-tec clone, but actually an update to a previously produced ﹰRuger carbine.
    Being a lefty, I like the switchable charging handle and mag release, why can't more gun companies do this?
    While I agree it's not the most pretty gun, I wouldn't be too shocked if a later wood-stocked version came to market, or at the very least, an aftermarket option.
    My big gripe is the weight, at a little over 6 pounds it's not any lighter than my AR. If it were less than 5 pounds, or better yet around 4, then we would have something really special.
    Last edited by alaskabushman; 12-31-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    There ain't too many problems you can't fix with $500 or a 30-06.

Him-"Whats the best knife for survival?"
    Me-"the one that's in your pocket."
    Him-"I don't have one in my pocket."
    Me-"Exactly."

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I am not too impressed with the size and weight myself.

If I carry a 40 inch long 8 pound rifle it will be in a rifle caliber.

The old rifle and pistol in the same caliber does not appeal too much either, especially not in 9mm.

It might be a good plinker if there are excessive numbers of tin cans lying about.

That $700 price is a bit optimistic when you can build an AR for $350.

I am going to pass on this one. I have used up all my allowance money for a while.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I think I'll pass as well.

A pistol cal. carbine/rifle seems like a fun thing to play with....
    If I was to but one....it would be a lever action.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Tool & Die Maker

I sure like my 9mm AR. That rifle seems to go anywhere I go, kinda like a pet dog following me around. Now I have a good carry handle/rear sight on it. The 9mm seems to be deadly accurate even at 100 yards. Now ammo is $7.75/50 at Walmart. Nice gun to carry along in the jungle, light weight. I think I have put 1000 rounds through it. Eventually hope to shoot a hog with it.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Well Jim, the same thing could be said for the same rifle in either .223 or .300BO.

It is the same rifle, you just changed calibers.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?