Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mysterious hog jaw bones appearing

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Where were you in '69.......The boy is homesick....
    '69 what? Oh, 1969. I was allowed to hang out with the seniors and I remember them talking about the numbers they had drawn for the lottery. A bunch of them won too, cause they got a letter from the president.

Alan

Fun times, fun times...what I can recall of it.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I put a game camera on a gut pile had buzzard possums coons armadillo Bob cat coyote panther house cats dogs hog eagle Hawks and some stuff that came to close to get a good picture but I think it was a bear

I was thinking bear but not sure their range down in Florida.
    Are we back on topic? I guess Bishop and I missed the Blue Bus.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

The Blue Bus is gone forever, Thank God! Those were the days. Glad they're gone.

Alan

Finding bones or other animal remains in various stages of decay is not uncommon. Animals live and die in the woods.

Also, Humans are funny animals. A person who would not throw so much as a gun wrapper out their truck window, will think nothing of tossing deer or hog guts/skin/head/carcass into the bar ditch along a public road. This attracts scavengers, which get hit by vehicles, which attracts scavengers, which...

Also humans will find a favored dump site and use it until they are persuaded to do otherwise. "No Dumping" signs have little effect. Deputy Sheriff's vehicles work better.

Alan
    Last edited by Alan R McDaniel Jr; 12-31-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

There's bear all over FLA now

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    There's bear all over FLA now
    Heavy concentrations in South West Florida and Ocala and the pan handle. Lots of bear problems. We get bears in our camps quite frequently. You can tell by the fresh bear scat and prints. But, we don't have bear problems in the woods. The problems are at homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    Heavy concentrations in South West Florida and Ocala and the pan handle. Lots of bear problems. We get bears in our camps quite frequently. You can tell by the fresh bear scat and prints. But, we don't have bear problems in the woods. The problems are at homes.
    Yup. I can take you out in the Ocala Nat Forest any day of the week and find bear tracks. I've seen 3 bears in different areas in one day.

(Sigh) On the list. I have to find more paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    '69 what? Oh, 1969. I was allowed to hang out with the seniors and I remember them talking about the numbers they had drawn for the lottery. A bunch of them won too, cause they got a letter from the president.

Alan
    I'm almost 57, and I remember that. My older brother drew No. 6 in 1969. He enlisted and ended up in Germany. Still a disaster though. Nuf said.
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play." Capt. James T. Kirk

Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    '69 what? Oh, 1969. I was allowed to hang out with the seniors and I remember them talking about the numbers they had drawn for the lottery. A bunch of them won too, cause they got a letter from the president.Alan
    My number was 156. But I failed the physical exam because of a knee injury. Now I wish I would have gone into the military.